Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Title Change!

Photo by the incredibly talented Brooke Shaden

I'm excited to announce that the book formerly known as THE COURIER'S DAUGHTER has a new title. One that I think completely captures not only the essence of the main characters, but the spirit of the story. I had significant help choosing this title since I generally suck at titles. I owe a big thank you to my editor Kristin Rens and the rest of the talented team at Balzer & Bray for choosing it! (Please note that my suggestion to call the book FLAMING SWORDS OF DOOM was roundly ignored by everyone at Balzer & Bray. It remains to be seen if this was a smart marketing decision on their part.)

Ready for the new title? Here you go!


I'm really in love with the title! Now, off to go change the title on Goodreads, Twitter, and Facebook... :)


  1. Ooo--I love!

    And as someone who also sucks at titles I say *high five* for title changes. :)

  2. I like one word titles. This one is powerful and will strike a cord with teens. I'm pretty lousy at picking titles as well. I'm working on it =). I LOVE the pic! Very nice.

  3. omg I LOVE IT CJ!! And it fits, SO SO SO WELL :)

  4. PERFECT! Very compelling! (I suggested SAND IN HER PANTS for mine. Oddly, no takers.)

  5. Love it! One word but a huge amount of meanings! Keep up the good work.

  6. Congratulations! Don't you just love it when things come together? Love the photo, too. :)

    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!
    Pre-order your early-bird signed copy before July ends!

  7. Great title change. My publisher changed one of my book titles as well and I was very grateful. They know what they're doing.

  8. Yay for you! Beautiful cover and a beautiful title. This is going to do so well!


People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!


Related Posts with Thumbnails