Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Look! She's Aliiiiiiiiiiive!

Whew! It's been a week since I blogged. Crickets were about to set up residence. Readers were lining up and it sounded a little something like this:

BUT, it turns out, I was this:

Why was I mostly dead? Because I was up to my eyeballs in my second round of edits on DEFIANCE. I turned them in on Friday, and then spent the next few days stuffing my brains back into my head. The entire process looked something like this:

Yes. I have a plan. The words are flowing. I know what I'm doing! Due Friday morning, you say? No problem!

Who told this scene to misbehave? Wait...WHO TOLD THIS ENTIRE MANUSCRIPT TO MISBEHAVE?

It's okay. IT'S OKAY. My plot isn't broken. My pacing isn't broken either. If I just twist this piece and tug on that line and move THIS ... and then pray for a small miracle ...

Rome is burning. ROME IS BURNING!

Alright. So I burned down *#$%ing Rome. That will just have to be my new plot crisis. Anyone who doesn't like it can burn too.

Thursday night. Arcs. Plot twists. Veeeeerrrrrrbbbbbs. I don't think I remember what a verb is anymore. Is that a problem? I hope that's not a problem. 

*cue hysterical laughter for no apparent reason*

Hey! Rome didn't burn! All the pieces miraculously fit! I turned it in on time and I DID NOT DIE!

Shh. My brain is dead.

Accurate post-edit face. For four days. Maybe five.

And that is why I haven't blogged in a week. *wanders off yelling BRAAAAAAIIIIINNNNZZZZZ!*


  1. Hahahahahha. Love the visual aids.

  2. hahaha loved the post! Really loved the *que hysterical laughter for no apparent reason*

    Glad you're back.

  3. I seem to "have the dumb" more often than not.

    Glad to see you back.

  4. Want to eat the cats (so cute!)
    Have also been absent from blogging & reading blogs for a few days because pesky reading and writing have gotten the way! :)

  5. We see where your priorities lay. :)

  6. Having the dumb is going to be my new catchphrase :-)

  7. *chokes on my salad*

    Yay for finished edits!!

  8. Love this! Congrats on finishing the edits!

  9. Congrats on the edits-finishing. ^^ And your ability to find ridiculously fitting pictures of cats. XD

  10. Finishing edits in the final days of end of summer nuttiness=Awesome!

    Congratulations. Rest your brain now (for only a tiny bit)


  11. I'm still stuck on the Monty Python and Princess Bride videos... call me in a few hours :) Um, oh yeah, congrats on the edits. Cute cats.

  12. Best kitty pictures ever.

    Also, a moth got stuck in my hair today. I had a panic attack, and then thought of you =)

  13. Bekka!! *flails and has a panic attack in your honor*


People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!


Related Posts with Thumbnails