1. Remember that writer's retreat I went on a couple weeks ago?
2. The one in that gorgeous cabin up in the Smoky Mountains?
3. Well THIS is the picture that literally overlooked my bed.
4. Not that reassuring.
5. We decided to name him Bearward, for obvious reasons.
6. He has fangs.
7. He's watching me while I sleep.
8. And he's in a meadow.
9. All he's missing is some sparkle! We considered going after him with some glitter pens to really let him give Robert Pattinson a run for his vampire money, but decided it wasn't worth the potential "defacing property" fee.
10. The other day, Daredevil yelled to Starshine, "Quick! Come in here! I've got a Chicken of Destiny!"
11. If you google images for "Chicken of Destiny" you get stuff like this:
|I am the Chicken of Destiny. You doubt? Come closer and I shall peck the doubt right out of you.|
|No, I am the Chicken of Destiny. Ever heard of a Were-Chicken? Yeah. That's right. You're looking at her.|
|Clearly, I am the finest specimen of Chicken you'll ever find. *Insert various inappropriate jokes about nuggets here* You know you want to be my Destiny.|
I do not claim to understand Google's reasoning for these search results. I had to change my search parameters to get pics of the true Chicken of Destiny:
|Walter, the Chicken of Destiny, during his polka dot phase.|
Following in the noble footsteps of his ferocious ancestor:
|Wilbur, the original Chicken of Destiny|
12. I've now decided all truly great stories should have a Chicken of Destiny somewhere in their depths.
13. I tried to find you an amazing Chicken of Destiny video to cap off the post, but alas. It seems the great Chicken of Destiny is camera shy.