Thursday, October 27, 2011

Interview With Jacquelyn Frank


In the mood for a little sultry paranormal romance? Jacquelyn Frank has you covered! Her Nightwalker series combines sexy supernatural alpha males with feisty human women and delivers danger, intrigue, and hot romance. Haven't tried the Nightwalker series yet? Here's a peek at how it all began:

Since time began, there have been Nightwalkers - the races of the night who live in the shadows of the moonlight. Love with humans is absolutely forbidden, and one man makes certain to uphold this ancient law: Jacob, the Enforcer...For 700 Years, He has resisted temptation. But not tonight...Jacob knows the excuses his people give when the madness overtakes them and they fall prey to their lust for humans. He's heard every one and still brought the trespassers to justice. Immune to forbidden desires, uncontrollable hungers, or the curse of the moon, his control is total...until the moment he sees Isabella on a shadowy New York City street. Saving her life wasn't in his plans. Nor were the overwhelming feelings she arouses in him. But the moment he holds her in his arms, everything changes.
On Tuesday, the sixth book in the Nightwalker series came out. Here's a quick look at ADAM:

Haunted by magic, beset by evil, the Nightwalkers face their darkest hour yet. And when the unthinkable happens, only one legendary male has the power, the will, to save them: Adam.

Jacquelyn chose to take on the Were-llama. I guess spending her days creating supernatural creatures gave her the confidence it takes to face down our resident red-eyed shape shifter. Let's meet today's guests.

The Were-llama




Jacquelyn Frank

Now that you know who's who, it's time to reveal the beautiful cupcake my hubby made in honor of Jacquelyn's book. Adam is a water demon. He controls water, and he can even turn into water, which, you have to admit, is a pretty awesome ability to have. My hubby created a cupcake showing Adam in mid-transformation. Without further ado, let's reveal the cupcake and dive into the interview!


Adam Becoming Water


1. So, you’re a writer. I’m a super-scary shape-shifter who can command obedience with the awesome power of my glowing red eyes. What do we have in common?

I can create legions of super scary shape-shifters who can command obedience with the awesome power of my mind.



2. Legions, you say? *looks over shoulder* I like to spit at my enemies from whichever end is closest to them. Do any of your characters have cool abilities like that?

Not yet, but thanks for the idea. ;)


3. You're welcome. And don't think I'm above calling in that favor. If I had a nickname, it would be The Awesome. You?

The Creative Cat Lady. Some of my fans, however, have dubbed me The Creator.


4. Cat Lady? The awe you inspired in me with the mention of your legions is begin to slip a bit. I hang around this blog because I love stories. What’s your story about? Bonus points if it includes a llama.

This is the sixth book in the NIGHTWALKERS series. ADAM is super secret undercover and under wraps I–could-tell-you-but-I-would-have-to-kill-you story that people have been waiting for for three years. I can definitely say a lot of issues left open will be resolved in this book, and along the way it’s a heck of a rollercoaster ride! Oh, and good sex. No llamas…in this installment. I know, I am ashamed.


5. I fail to see how you can write a good sex scene without a llama. You’re making me a cake worthy of my awesome Were-llama status and decorating it to represent your story. What does it look like?

It’s a picture of all the elements in nature on it. Representing the awesome power of my Demons and their power to manipulate nature.


6. I'd like to see them try to manipulate me. Any Were-llamas in your book?

Not that has been seen. :)


7. We aren't exactly known for our stealth. It's hard to hide this kind of AWESOME. Anyone who might be a Were-llama and you just haven’t figured it out yet?

I suspect my girlfriend Susan. She is tough as nails and can handle anything that life throws at her. Plus, she’s been known to kick a man and spit on him while he’s down.


8. Sounds promising! Llamas or camels and why? Think carefully.

Camels? What are these camels you speak of?


9. Your street cred has now been restored. I give you a baby Were-llama as a companion. What do you name her?

Spittin’ Image


10. Nice. My favorite word is “awesome” because, yanno, look at me. What’s yours?

Douchebag. My other favorite start with F but wasn’t sure I could use it here.


11. Probably wise. Last time I yelled FUNGI! in C.J.'s presence, she refused to give me cake for an entire week. As a young Were-llama, I dreamt of taking over the eastern seaboard one face full of spit at a time. What did you dream of doing when you were young?

When I was young I wanted to be either Wonder Woman or the Bionic Woman. They both kicked ass and were still very sweet women all at the same time.


12. Little known secret: the Bionic Woman was actually a were-llama. Not Wonder Woman, though. A were-llama has too much dignity to ever be caught running around in primary-colored spandex. Cake or cookies?

Cookies…especially my homemade luscious ultra delicious oatmeal raisin craisin cookies.


13. I shall expect a shipment of those to arrive shortly. Do you share chocolate?

Only with those most deserving of it.


14. Which would, of course, be ME. The Zombie Goat invasion is upon us. How will you fight them off?

 I will throw sheaves of dead paper before me and they will fall upon it mercilessly. While they are distracted I will pen them up for the Zombie Children’s Petting Zoo. A fate worse than death.


Thank you, Jacquelyn, for such an entertaining interview! I think you had the Were-llama worried about your legions. :) To learn more about Jacquelyn, visit her site. To purchase any books in the Nightwalker series, go here.

Of course, the fun isn't over yet! Jacquelyn is giving away a signed copy of ADAM to one lucky commenter! Please fill out the form below to enter and be sure to leave Jacquelyn a comment after you submit the form. The contest runs until 8 p.m. Central time, Monday October 31st.

Good luck to all and happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. Love your new photo. Glad to see they found a way to hide the orange bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love these interviews. Were-llama knows how to wrangle answers. Plus the book sounds...dark and twisty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview but Were-lama has nothing on that picture you posted yesterday (?) I've been having hot flashes ever since. I hope I get to read ADAM; I think he would be my type of character. I'm Acquarius and water inspires my creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious...
    I want a were Llama. :) Or that cupcake.

    Now Adam intrigues me. How many other books do you plan in this series?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview. I'm not sure I could handle reading a book with were-llamas in it, if such a thing exists. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice interview! Love the were afraid of the Legions!!!! I would be afraid as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview. Congrats on the release! Looking forward to reading Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, very funny interview. I love your favorite word and what you named your llama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your interview! I am too late to enter the contest, but that's okay as I was one of the ones waiting anxiously for Adam to be released and have already consumed the novel and reviewed it! (Not to worry, I did not release any spoiler information, so put the were-llama back in it cage!)

    Dorothy - The Alaskan Bookie
    Blog ~ http://alaskanbookie.blogspot.com/
    Twitter ~ http://twitter.com/AkChocoholic

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so tickled to have been a part of this. I did want to answer one question. ADAM is book SIX in the six book series. And though it's a 'book end' to the series, I think it won't be the last you've heard of the universe. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails