Friday, October 21, 2011

Kill Order: Blogger

C.J.'s Minions know how to get the job done.

I had mighty plans for the blog this past week. A spooky book trailer! A help wanted ad! The Were-llama's first blurb! And none of it happened. Why? Because Blogger thinks it's funny to mess with my mind. Losing scheduled posts. Signing me out without so much as a by-your-leave. And refusing to allow me to leave comments on my own blog.

That last one really makes me mad. I have some FABULOUS commenters on this blog. I'd like to be able to reply! But noooo. Not only is Blogger refusing to let me comment under my own id, it won't even publish my comments if I do so under open ID or anonymous.

Really, Blogger?

Someone told me to delete my cookies and it would work again. I tried that. No dice.

Now I'm going to try something different. I'm going to offer a bounty on Blogger's head.

You read that right.

First person to bring me Blogger, dead or alive, wins a prize.

If you can't actually bring me Blogger, but you know how to fix this situation (The comments are the most concerning. The rest seems to be working properly again), you win a prize!

Want to be my minion? Help me take Blogger out at the knees.

*dangles mysterious prize in front of the comment box*


  1. I gave up fighting with login ids at Blogger and the Goog and leave my comments under name/url now.

  2. I'm sorry I can't help. I know of a couple of other bloggers having this problem and they haven't been able to solve it yet either :-(

  3. I left blogger all together. Problem solved.

  4. That sucks. Have you tried another browser, or a different PC?

  5. Oh no! Sorry to hear. I love the kitty picture. I sympathise with your bloggin' plight.

  6. I've noticed that FireFox works better with Blogger than IE. Give it a shot. :)

  7. Had a similar commenting conundrum awhile ago with said Evil Villain *cough*Blogger*cough*.

    Someone suggested I change the comment box option to pop-up window (Settings tab on your Blogger dashboard thing, then Comments tab, then Comment Form Placement). Did that and haven't had a problem since. I have NO idea why it worked.

    But I've always wanted to be a minion.

  8. leave blogger while you still can....

  9. a while back I had a similar problem and was told I should UNCLICK the box where it says to stay signed in. That worked and I haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps.

  10. The best thing for comments I've ever seen is Intensedebate. It allows nested comments and people to subscribe to replies. Has never had a problem on my site.


People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!


Related Posts with Thumbnails