1. I know what you're thinking.
2. You're thinking "Holy cow, she's actually blogging?? Are they serving ice cream in hell today?"
3. If they are serving ice cream in hell, it's going to be orange sherbet which looks like it should be tasty ice cream but then turns out to be a whole lot more ice than cream and also tastes disturbingly like frozen Tang.
4. But, I digress.
5. There are some very good reasons why I haven't blogged much for the past two months. I'll give you the condensed version: Bad accident, hospitalized kids, long recovery, book deadline, book rewrite from the ground up (That's totally a euphemism for "fun," by the way), Defiance release plans, back to school shopping and fees and nights and angst, interview questions to answer, guest posts, teen in physical and speech therapy as he tries to manage going back to school with a TBI (traumatic brain injury) that will still take months to recover from, and my own brain which reached the end of each day and just sat there and drooled when I asked it for a blog post.
6. So, my summer did not go as planned, but I can't complain. My kids are alive, and I'm grateful for that. Every other stress comes in a far distant second.
7. I have been sort of mini-blogging on Twitter, though. If you don't follow me over there, here are a few gems you missed. Um. Okay, gems is probably overstating things a bit. But here you go:
Sorry about the weird black background. I copied and pasted from TweetDeck which has a black background and we all know I could never in a million years figure out how to fix it, so ... there you go.
8. Coming up on the blog, I have some interviews with outstanding authors, along with some fabulous giveaways!
9. Also? Next week will be Dare To Defy week on my blog! It includes spoilers, behind the scenes info, and other goodies!
10. I leave you with this: