Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Exciting DEFIANCE News!

I'm super excited to announce that Harper Impulse will be publishing an e-novella in the DEFIANCE world in Spring/Summer 2014! I've been hoping I could tell this story since I sold the trilogy, and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity. And I think those of you who have read DECEPTION are going to be really excited for this story, too. ;D Quinn has earned a special place in my readers' hearts! Ready for a story from Quinn's point of view?

Here you go!


A thrilling, dangerous adventure, this prequel novella to C.J. Redwine’s Defiance and Deception features Quinn, a popular character from the series.

Quinn Runningbrook knows a hundred ways to kill a man and make it hurt. He can track, ambush, and torture his prey with terrifying skill—just like his father taught him. But every kill consumes another piece of him, and Quinn longs to stop, to save himself and his sister Willow from becoming like his father—a man who kills for entertainment.

But when Quinn refuses to torture a group of trespassers caught too close to the Tree Village where his family lives, and instead kills them quickly, he disobeys a direct order from his father . . . and Willow is forced to do it instead. Suddenly, Quinn isn’t the favored apprentice to the family business of “protecting” the Tree Village anymore. Willow is.

When Jared Adams—a courier from the nearby city-state of Baalboden—is caught traveling too close to their borders, Willow is ordered to torture him for information. But Quinn knows that Jared doesn’t deserve torture or death. And he realizes he has to take action…or the fate chosen for Willow and himself by their father will remain carved in stone.


Of course, an announcement like this wouldn't be complete without a fun giveaway, right? So, I'm offering a free e-copy of OUTCAST to one of my readers as soon as the novella becomes available. To enter, just use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck and happy reading!

a Rafflecopter giveaway






16 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUINN! <3 Finally! I will see the world through his eyes!
    Still not done digging through my huge music library, but this is what I found for now (and came into my mind) that I think fits Quinn.

    Linkin Park - By Myself (got me thinking of him and his cruel dad)
    Skillet - Live free or let me die
    Red - Breathe into me
    There For Tomorrow - The remedy
    Ashes Remain - Right here (he and rachel's song)
    Dead By April - In my arms (again, his song to rachel)
    Thousand Foot Krutch - Take it out on me
    Three Days Grace - Time of dying
    Three Days Grace - Never too late
    Vertical Horizon - Save me from myself
    Red - Start again (somehow his song with Willow)

    I'll add more when I finish digging through my music library :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so stocked that the novella will be about Quinn's story!! I so was hoping it'd be!!

    As for a song... I'd go with Words Darker Than Their Wings by Alter Bridge. It's a great song that could be great to reflect what Quinn's attitude thanks to Jared and what he keeps on trying to make both Rachel and Willow understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadowman by Michael Quinlan from the Hero! Rock Opera soundtrack. Don't look it up on YouTube. There's only a really cheesy live performance. Try iTunes instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!! Love, love this series. So excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't gotten to Deception yet (although it's sitting on my bedside table just itching for me to get to it), so while I love Quinn, my experience is limited to Defiance and the blurb for Outcast. From Defiance I got this side of Quinn that some Civil Wars would go with. I've had their song "The One That Got A Way" in my head of in on for days. I'm not sure that song would be the exact fit, but they have plenty to choose from. Check out Kingdom Come for example. I could just listen to their music for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quinn should be on the cover too ;<
    ah, nevermind, I'll just draw him based on how I imagined him! I'm still not done with my sketch of Rachel and Logan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for this I can't really stand it and I started crying while reading this and yeah anyway O think a great theme song for Quinn is
    'What I've Done' by Linkin Park. this would represent how he feels after killing his father.
    'Dust to Dust' by the Civil Wars. I think Willow would say these same words to her brother to get him to open up to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd suggest Bonnie & Clyde (Revolution) by Her Bright Skies!

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails