A New Year's List of Semi-Resolutions
(Semi-resolutions subject to rapid and frequent change due to any of the following unforeseen circumstances: winning the lottery, being shanghaied into serving as First Mate on a pirate ship, being elected President of the United States by a landslide grass-roots campaign, or snorting chicken one too many times and thus rendering myself mentally incapacitated.)
1. Sign a publishing contract for the SHADOWING FATE series.
2. Win a writing contest (by talent, preferably, though bribery and extortion aren't out of the running).
3. Be more adventurous in the kitchen (and by adventurous, please note that I do not mean I wish to barbeque any more toys in the oven, necessitating a visit by the fire department and thus reinforcing my current title of Most Likely To Cause A Neighborhood Stir).
4. Learn how to punch like a man.
5. Bring my daughter home. (As I have no control over this, this is really more a wish than a resolution).
6. Use less mustard.
7. Nevermind, I like mustard.
8. Push myself creatively to really explore what I can do.
9. Be thankful for all the many ways in which God has blessed me.
10. I can't really think of a #10. I mean I can, of course. I'm always full of ideas and ambitions but I think 9 is really more than I can handle so 10 would totally push my luck and leave me with just a resolution to find new and creative uses for my favorite condiment. =)
Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This bi-annual event was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a c...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...