Monday, September 21, 2009

Contest Coming!

Do you

*love creative writing?

*think you could improve/transform/mangle the opening of any given famous novel?

*want a professional critique of your first chapter?


If you answered yes to any of the above, I have a contest opportunity coming just for you. Well, just for you and however many other people enter ...

I'll be posting the first sentence of a (insanely) popular novel. You will take that sentence and write an entry of no more than 500 words. Make it funny. Heart-wrenching. Lovely. Dramatic. Whatever works for you! I'll post all the entries and it's up to blog readers to vote for their favorites. You can post the link to Twitter, Facebook, your loops, your email address book...even to your crazy Great-Aunt Bertha and garner votes. Or you can leave your writing in the hands of Fate.

Personally, I've never found Fate to be very reliable.

The winner gets a critique of his/her first chapter. The top five finalists go into a grand prize drawing for a critique of their first fifty pages (That's Golden Heart length for those of you entering this year!) Grand prize drawing will happen on or around Nov 1st. Give or take a boy-jumping-off-furniture-and-breaking-both-bones-in-his-arm crisis or two.

Tune in tomorrow for the writing prompt and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Ooh! Can I, can I? I don't care, Immagonnadoit! (I think!)

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...