Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Johanna!

Today is Johanna's first birthday. I'm so grateful to have this beautiful, sweet little girl in my arms. All week, I've been thinking about her birth mother. Wondering if she dreads today. If she aches. If she worries about her daughter. I wish I could tell her that Johanna is loved, cared for, and thriving. I hope, somehow, she knows.



From the first day we met her, we've seen Johanna's love of music. She wiggles and dances any time she hears a tune, and music is the way I finally broke through her crying on our first day together and got her attention.

Here, in honor of her first birthday, is a video of our precious daughter shaking her booty to the beat.

17 comments:

  1. She's too cute ^_^. Happy Birthday Johana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Clint on FB - the video made Kaitlin laugh out loud this morning! Too cute! Miss K loves music and dancing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    Happy Birthday to your little darling!

    I hope her birth mother also knows, somehow, that Johanna is so greatly loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, God bless you guys and Happy Birthday, Johanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Baby J! May you never lose the 'tude and the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun celebrating with your dancing girl. Cute video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Happy Birthday, Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, how adorable. Happy Birthday to a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, baby! and when do the official dance lessons start?

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DARLING NIECE!!! I can't wait to meet you for the first time in person in about 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always think of Anna Li's birth mother on her birthday. You're definitely not alone in that. Enjoy her special day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, little one. She really loves music. So, musical instrument or dance lessons? I can see both in her future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birthdays are so special. I think it is great that she loves music and dancing. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG found the dancing queen! love it, it's a very cute video and story happy belated birthday wishes for her.
    as always ♥, Carol

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...