Thursday, February 22, 2007

A New Series Begins

I've been brainstorming since October.

Two weeks ago, as often happens, the answer came to me in the middle of the night. I lay awake for an hour getting acquainted with my heroine and the strange circumstances of her life.

Now, I'm two chapters in and Alexa Tate has me hooked. She's a girly-girl with serious skills (like space-shifting, controlled free-falling, and tracking her prey by scent) who loves red meat and hates blind dates. She lives in New York City, adores Manolo Blahniks, and can outrun absolutely anything. Oh yes, and she isn't human. She's Other.

Until recently, Alexa thought her powers were a gift to be used in her own signature style of vigilante justice. Now she's worried that she wasn't sent to save mankind but to destroy it. And she wasn't sent alone.

Someone is watching her. Tracking her. Hunting. For the first time in her life, Alexa is the prey and her hunter isn't human. He's Other. And he's out for blood.

I'll post the first chapter soon. I have no working title yet but that's more my editor's perogative than mine anyway. I absolutely stink at choosing titles without help.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed about the underwear & being color coordinated...haha! AND I love those stilettos.
    I love your writing. You are very gifted. It got me hooked. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! I'll post another chapter or two from this book in a while...check back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah so I'm already an Alexa junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Alexa junkie" - I love it! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...