Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Avada Kadavra!

Last night (okay, technically, early this morning), my hubby and I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix.

Never mind that the theater was crammed and we were near the front (not the easiest seat for viewing fast camera shots...), nevermind the midget who kept going in and out of our row (and hitting my leg with his hand when he wanted back in instead of just saying "Excuse Me" like a decent, well-mannered person would) or the fact that I got about 4 hours of sleep -

It was FUN! (In an "I won't be doing this again for a looong time sort of way.)

The movie was one of the best in the HP series...captured the plot, the characters, and the darkness to the action scenes better than any movie since the first. The visuals were vivid and intense. Dolores Umbridge was exactly as I imagined her from the book. Alan Rickman delivered another impeccable performance.

The real fun was being surrounded by die-hard Potter fans dressed in capes, carrying wands, and cheering for Dumbledore, hissing or clapping for Snape, booing Voldemort, and giving the movie the applause it deserved when the credits began to roll.

It will hold me for the next week and half until I can get my hands on the 7th Potter book.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read this series yet. I'm not really into sci-fi, fantasy, or YA lit but enough people talk so highly about it that I'll probably check out the books from my library and see if I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I don't think Harry Potter qualifies as sci-fi. I think it's urban fantasy and though the first two in the series are definitely YA, the rest is progressively older and darker. She ages Harry, and the content of the books, masterfully.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...