Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Statistics

Okay, I'm going to set the record straight (And if you don't know what I'm talking about on these posts...scroll down and read. It will all make sense.)

First, I went to work (and to a job interview with my District Manager) tipsy. This was not my fault. See below to read about the cake incident.

Results of tipsy first hour at work:

1.Carried off the interview well but couldn't figure out what to do with my hands. Finally sat on them. It seemed the best decision at the time.

2. Ran smack into a doorjamb. I saw it coming. I knew I was going to hit it. But the message to "STOP" just wouldn't translate from my brain to my body and I hit it, mid-sentence.

3. I provided an endless opportunity for my co-workers to be highly entertained with the idea that the "never-even-goes-to-a-bar" C.J. was tipsy at 4 pm. I believe there was a betting pool on whether I would have a hang-over. I didn't.

Okay, next statistic. Malystryx takes exception to my claim that our score is Mal - 2, C.J. 2 1/2 because a half game of checkers shouldn't count as a victory.

I disagree but will meet him halfway (I bet he's shocked to hear that). Tonight, we played half a game of checkers waiting for the manager to finish counting the money and putting it in the safe. We couldn't finish our game but Mal is extremely confident that he had it all set up for me to lose in spectacular fashion.

I'm going to give him that. 1/2 game. That makes us even. At least until the next showdown.

3 comments:

  1. I bet you get the job... Drinking before interviews calms the nerves. You should thank your husband for having the foresight to plan this inebriation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! In my case, drinking before anything guarantees a certain giddy idiocy...

    He's done this sort of thing to me before (not often) and always seems to find it highly entertaining.

    I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never intentionally gotten you tipsy...I just prefer to enjoy the lighthearted moments when you are in such a state.

    Hey Jake! Good to hear from you...we have a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...