Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Brain Blast!

I've been stuck in a mess of my own making in the middle of the Alexa book. I introduced a character and then watched my plot run away in a direction I never intended.

Five chapters into that and I could see that it just wasn't working.

I left it alone for a week, examining the situation, trying to figure out where I went wrong and how to get the book back on track.

Two nights ago, I went to see Bourne Ultimatum with friends and halfway through the movie, I figured it out.

It was a little hard to concentrate on the movie and replot/reposition my characters but, like many writers I know, once an idea took hold and I could feel that it was right, I couldn't let it go.

Unfortunately, I have to scrap five chapters but it's worth it just to get it right!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for breakthroughs! *dances around*

    Wasn't that a great movie? :D Bourne kicks butt.

    K

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...