Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Feeling Slightly Homicidal?

So Monday, my hubby made me go back to the Dr. since I wasn't really getting much better. The Dr. decided I should take steroids for five days to really give me a boost and get the infection out of my lungs.

Unfortunately, these aren't the steroids that build muscle. I might have been on board with that.

These are steroids that apparently don't really affect 98% of the population, other than giving them energy and helping them recover.

We all know when it comes to putting substances in my body, I am not like 98% of the population.

I took these steroids once before. I had a solid headache for three of the five days and when I finished the drug, I was slightly homicidal for the next two days.





By "slightly", I mean I avoided killing anyone because everyone around me had the good sense to take one look at my face and run in the opposite direction. I was Attitude with a healthy side of Edginess.

Not a great combination for a wife, mom, and waitress (some man out there is still breathing today simply because another waitress convinced me I couldn't shove a ribeye down someone's throat without losing my job).

So, I took most of what I was supposed to take yesterday and guess what?? Headache the entire day. I've decided it's not worth it. I'm starting to feel better anyway. And I don't really want to test my resolve to stay out of prison by finishing off the course and then crashing again.

Besides, the day I would finish is Sunday and I have to teach 3 year olds in Sunday School and then have 20 people over for dinner that night. No way everyone would come out of that in one piece.

=D

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. LMAO at that picture. I've heard those steroids have that effect on some people.

    Although a slightly homicidal C.J. with 20 people over for dinner might make for some very interesting blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had pneumonia, I saw a p-sychiatrist...okay, how often do you really get to use a Buggs Bunny line in real life...

    Anyway, I was on steroids for a bit, but what really helped was the home nebulizer (it sounds a lot more interesting than it really is).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using an inhaler every 4 hours for the last week now and it helps some. =) Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They had me on an inhaler, but it didn't help at all. I ended up having only 50% lung capacity, so the nebulizer really was a life saver.

    I really hope that you feel better. I'm glad your hubby is taking care of you.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...