Thursday, March 20, 2008

Need A Raise?

Yesterday, Starshine and Daredevil were playing Guitar Hero in the living room. Starshine has surprised us all by rising to the challenge and garnering the most 100% scores in the family.

You will, no doubt, not be at all shocked to learn that I have the least.

In fact, I've only played three songs. I think Guitar Hero is Simon Says to rock songs, many of which I didn't like the first time around - never mind how I feel about them after listening to the kids play them twenty times in a row.

But I digress.

Starshine, as I'm sure you realize, can be a bit convoluted in his communication. In this particular instance, he was trying to explain something about a song and his stats and the money he'd earned to play the gig.

At least I think that's what he was saying.

Daredevil couldn't understand it either and asked him to repeat it. Starshine repeated himself and managed to sound even less clear than his first effort.

Daredevil asked for another repeat. Starshine obliged, with no more success than his first two attempts.

Daredevil (who has all the patience of a seriously provoked badger) threw his hands in the air and said, "I'm not getting paid enough to understand all this!" before walking out of the room.

Starshine simply went back to playing Guitar Hero and the beginning strains of yet another run-through of Slow Ride quelled my momentary amusement.

1 comment:

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...