Monday, May 19, 2008
1. Speaking of getting up early...I'm going to have to either get up at 5 a.m. all summer to write or stay up late.
2. Tis nearly impossible to write coherent sentences with three boys awake in the house.
3. I have some HUGE writing goals this week and, of course, it's one of my busiest weeks:
*Working two to three shifts
*Three separate award ceremonies at the kids' school - on different days, none of them back to back
*Two end of the year picnics - different days, different times
*Running the Scientist up to Nashville Wed. morning for pre-tonsils-are-coming-out labwork
*A dr.'s appointment
*My children's insistence that I drive them on the last day of school so all they have to do is run into their classrooms, pick up their report card and leave
*A Girl's Night Out
*And a trip to the Renaissance Festival.
4. Piece of cake.
5. Not that I eat cake anymore.
6. I am surprised and a bit annoyed at how many aspiring authors whine about getting a form rejection.
7. Does it really matter why an agent said no??
8. Dust yourself off and move on.
9. I love all things peach.
10. I do not appreciate jelly beans that look like Buttered Popcorn flavor but in actuality are Rotten Eggs.
11. Thank you J.K. Rowling.
12. I did laundry this weekend which means I got the unenviable job of cleaning out the pockets of my boys' pants.
13. I'd go into details on the wierd items they found necessary to shovel into their pockets and leave for their unsuspecting (but fortunately, strong-stomached) mother, but I don't like to dwell on it.
14. Please do not give your main character a love interest named "Bubba" and expect me to take you seriously.
15. Likewise, please do not name your main characters after weapons, emotions, or kitchen appliances and expect me to read your book without constantly rolling my eyes.
16. I saw a preview this weekend for what could possibly be the dumbest movie idea ever. Actually, the synopsis of the movie looks pretty interesting for kids but the trailer is one of those what were they thinking? moments.
17. I am reluctantly giving up my flannel sheets for the summer.
18. I introduced my hubby to the joys of Dean Koontz's ODD THOMAS this weekend.
19. I have a stack of books to read - from Koontz to Frost to some new-to-me authors but I have to finish my own writing before I will read any of theirs.
20. Reader question: What is your favorite kind of villain in a book?