Monday, June 30, 2008
1. We made it home in one day - a trip of 14 hours, with stops. That's 14 hours, 3 boys, and 1 backseat. You do the math.
2. We spent yesterday doing pretty much nothing just to recover.
3. I dislike doing laundry that is full of sand.
4. This is going to be one of those weeks where my "to do" list far outweighs the hours in every day.
5. I tried oysters while in Florida and very nearly vomited.
6. How anyone can eat something that smells like three-day-old dead fish is beyond me.
7. As we drove out of town, I saw a street sign for "Mullet Dr."
8. In all honesty, I don't think I could live on a street called "Mullet" anything.
9. Though with the South's propensity for mispronouncing common words (a city near me is Santa Fe with the "fe" pronounced "fee" for reasons that still escape me), perhaps the residents call it "mull-ay".
10. That's French for "Criminy, what did you DO to your hair?!"
11. We saw alligator road kill as we drove through Florida.
12. In the freeway median.
13. No wonder all the road workers wore high boots and looked extremely nervous.
14. Alligator wrestling is not on my bucket list - just fyi.
15. Neither is sky diving but I'd do that before I'd wrestle an alligator.
16. This week I'm working extra hours (filling in for someone on vacation), spending time at Nashville Shores while my hubby has a broadcast from there, hosting a 4th of July party, and working like a crazy woman to finish SHADOWING FATE and send it off.
17. Also, I'll be dealing with the fruit fly infestation we came home to.
18. And I'll be doing laundry and cleaning my house and taking the kids to the library so they can get more books for their summer reading incentive (they read 200 books between them and I buy them the all-access pass to the Pirates online game).
19. You'll notice that "sleep" is not on my list.
20. READER QUESTION: What's one thing you wouldn't add to your bucket list?