Monday, August 25, 2008
1. So, I wasn't going to post a Monday update today because I posted the witty and amusing run-down of new blog search terms and then followed that up with a link to my post on S & S.
2. My hubby logged on today and demanded to know where my Monday Update went.
3. When I explained all of #1 to him, he did not care.
4. I started the habit of Monday Updates and so, in his book, I should continue said updates until the day I turn in my stilettos and start fertilizing Venus Fly Traps instead.
5. So I'm posting. For him. And yes, I chose the pic with care.
6. I have nothing lined up to write in this post so you're going to get an assortment of random thoughts that won't have any cohesive element to them other than the fact that they came from me.
7. I really don't like to mop.
8. I am oblivious to flowers, plants, or anything that requires watering but doesn't show the gumption to speak up and tell me it's thirsty.
9. As a child, I had to swallow green beans like pills or I would activate my gag reflex and the result was anything but pretty.
10. As an adult, I simply choose not to eat, smell, or even look at the disgusting things.
11. I like getting unexpected cards in the mail from friends.
12. All I want for Christmas is a Books A Million gift card (new shop that opened in my town...finally!!), and a copy of Get Smart and The Dark Knight.
13. And maybe a trip to a spa.
14. People tell me I should watch Heroes and Supernatural.
15. I don't know when I could find the time to add television watching, the kind that inspires rabid loyalty and the inability to miss an episode, into my life but I acknowledge the worthiness of those two shows.
16. It's supposed to absolutely pour here tomorrow and we need it.
17. I love staying inside and writing on rainy days.
18. I would never actually travel to outer space, even if the whole thing was colonized and they offered me a closet full of shoes for free just to spend a week on the moon.
19. Then again, there is the whole "weighing next to nothing on the moon" to consider.
20. Reader Question: Want me to do another creative writing exercise where you provide the first sentence and I take it from there? If enough of you ask for it, I'll do it. :)