Thursday, August 28, 2008

Who's With Me?

The entry deadline for The Golden Pen contest is Sept 1st.

This is a fantastic contest for writers who want some solid feedback on their entry. Three judges score your entry. At least one is a published author while the others are Golden Heart finalists. Final round judging includes acquiring editors within your genre. Judges are encouraged to mark your manuscript and give you feedback.

You can enter electronically here and use Paypal. All submissions for the first round are electronic so it's fast and easy.

You must be an RWA member in good standing. If you want to join, go here.

I'm entering SHADOWING FATE (its contest debut!) in the paranormal category. =)

4 comments:

  1. CJ,

    Glad to hear you're entering SF in the Golden Pen. I have a feeling you're going to pull in some top scores, final, and be the winner in your category. I'll be so proud when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Keli! Those are grand predictions and I hope you're right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say "Good Luck!", but you don't need luck.

    I'd say "Break a leg!", but that has always seemed unnecessarily harsh to me.

    So I will just stand by with celebratory Cheetos in anticipation of your glorious victory.

    (Please tell me it's not like the GH, with practically a year between registration and announcement of the winners, because the Cheetos wouldn't last that long in my possession.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Kerry, perhaps we really are twins...

    I believe you make your own luck.

    I would rather NOT break a leg.

    And the finalists are announced in the beginning of October, the winner in the beginning of December so the Cheetos have a decent chance of surviving until then. :)

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...