Friday, September 19, 2008

Death to the Botulistic Boa!



Okay, so it's been a light blogging week for me. I left Dick Van Dyke in charge of bolstering your spirits while I was away but now I'm back and, while I'm hardly as flexible as DVD (Is anyone? It's like he has rubber bands for joints.), I'm just as entertaining after a sip or two.

Where have I been? Well, I could tell you that I've been working extra hours, pounding the pavement looking for a day job, taking care of sick kids, getting sick myself, cleaning house, and trying to understand why we have a Hitchcock-like infestation of black birds every evening at twilight, but that would be a lie.

The truth is, I'm trying to join the Society of Super Superheroes and this week was my physical test. (I, of course, passed the written exam with flying colors. Need someone who can take "superfluous," "carbonated," and "dichotomy" and use them in the same sentence? I'm your girl!)

I can't go into all the details (And truly, sparing you a description of my disastrous Flying While Chewing Gum test is a public service. Why do we have so many telephone lines in this country?!), but suffice to say, not many could put the legendary Botulistic Boa in his place with nothing but stilettos, a dictionary, and my Spatula of Doom.

Next week, I enter the interview phase. Hopefully, my hubby won't see fit to spike any of my food with EverClear this time and I'll pass with flying ... err, actually, I'd rather not mention flying again. Ever.

Anyway, my cape and stilettos are safely stored with the sparkling Spatula of Doom and I'm back to blogging.

What do you need to know for this weekend?

1. You can become a "follower" of this blog if that's the sort of thing that floats your boat. Look on the sidebar for the place to join. It's easy and you get an email every time I, Dick Van Dyke, or God forbid, the Botulistic Boa have anything to say.

2. Check out Pepper's Apothecary on Etsy. My friend nomadicdragon makes fabulous bath salts, lotions, and shower gels and it makes a great Christmas gift!

3. While you're at it, you might want to check out fellow writer Peter Von Brown's fun contest. Think of a new Neverland location, name it and describe it, and you could win a nice prize package (including a copy of Peter Pan's latest adventures!).


Reader Question: Leave me a link to something interesting. Art. Music. An article you think is right up my alley. Shoes. Whatever. =)

6 comments:

  1. aww thank you!

    Have some music

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YUxbDEPFiM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love that song. In fact, Yael Naim gets a mention in Shadowing Fate. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, CJ. Here's one for you.
    Spice-flavored Hot Tamales.

    No kidding. If you haven't seen 'em, here's a link. http://snipurl.com/3rvw2 [www_typetive_com]

    Hope you have good news on the job front soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://anagramsite.com/

    and for no extra charge...

    http://anagramsite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keli - How fun! Now...where can I find some?

    Danielle - As to the first: C.J. Redwine came back as "jenice w'rd" and Shadowing Fate was "softwinged aha", both interesting.

    As to the second, *grins* oh. my.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...