Holy Mutinous Muscles, Batman!
Playing on my iPod now: Sounds Like War by P.O.D.
1. The weather's changing here. We actually need a light sweatshirt at nights, even though the days are warm enough for t-shirts. The leaves are changing and we're gearing up for fall. Tennessee autumns are the most beautiful autumns I've ever seen.
2. The results of last week's poll are interesting. 12 voters said Dragons used to exist. 9 felt they are nothing but myth.
3. Naturally, I voted that they used to exist. =D
4. I've worked out five times in the last three days.
5. Today, I rolled out of bed and realize my muscles had staged a mutiny.
6. Something along the lines of "What are you, freakin' CRAZY?"
7. Also, they questioned the wisdom of having our bedroom UPstairs.
8. I'm going to finish this post and do another workout just to show them who's boss.
9. As you know, I rarely watch tv. Fringe is the only show I'm watching at the moment. I like to keep it to one show so my time is free for other things.
10. Plus, I have very little free time, so the show has to really dazzle me or I can't stand to sit still.
11. I'm considering, however, adding House to the list. It comes on before Fringe (which I tivo so I can watch it during my lunch break the next day) so my tivo gives me the last few minutes of House and the preview of next week's episode.
12. I've noticed that House's humor seems an awful lot like mine. The preview for next week's episode confirmed it. House finagles his "former" friend to drive him to his father's funeral and while they're driving (and arguing), they get pulled over. As the officer approaches the car, House's cell rings. He answers with the following:
13. "Make it quick. I don't want to miss the anal cavity search."
14. Some girls, you get at "hello". Me, I can't resist a deliciously sarcastic line delivered in its place.
15. I think I have the job thing figured out now. It's not firm yet, but I think I'll be picking up day hours at my current job at a guaranteed rate of pay (which means NOT relying on humanity to tip decently for excellent service).
16. This is a win-win situation because I don't have to learn a group of new people and this is a place that understands I'm a mother first so if I need to come in a couple hours late because I have a sick kid at home and am waiting for my hubby, it won't be a problem.
17. I need to go through the kids' clothes and pull out all the stuff that no longer fits.
18. I'm hoping that little exercise will still leave them enough clothes to get through the winter without a shopping expedition.
19. Those of you who love reading paranormal, will want to check out fellow Pixie Kerry Allen's blog where she's posting a chapter a week from a novella (or loooong short story...something like that) for free. She's posted the first two and I am so hooked! Scroll down to the Beyond The Darkening posts.
20. READER QUESTION: What makes a blog worth returning to every day?