Monday, October 27, 2008
It's Like A Potluck Of C.J. Facts!
Location: My comfy over-sized writing chair, hoping the rest of the crew hit their beds soon so I can write for an hour before going to bed.
Playing on my iPod: "With You" by Linkin Park
1. Tomorrow I work from 10 am to 9 pm.
2. If you're currently thinking something along the lines of "Oh, C.J. must be excited/happy/looking forward to that" please slap yourself until common sense returns.
3. If you missed the fabulous new heels coming out in Chanel's 2009 collection, go here and check them out.
4. Yes, the black pair would be an appropriate Christmas gift for me. ;)
5. Also, if you missed it, scroll down and check out the uber-cool Halloween cake my hubby made this weekend.
6. I took the kids shopping on Saturday to figure out the whole costume thing. We're going to have two rock stars (Starshine and Daredevil) and one Army Special Ops (Scientist). My hubby is going as a wizard. I've got the stuff to be either a witch or a Celtic princess but maybe this year I'll go as a novelist.
7. That way, I can wear my sweats and mutter things to myself as I jot notes on the back of my checkbook while people around me give me candy instead of strange looks.
8. I'm considering doing some short fic pieces and giving them away on the blog.
9. I think I'll do snippets of Alexa's life pre-Shadowing Fate. We'll see if I can fit it into my schedule.
10. I'm a little disturbed at how many of you chose the "goat" option on the recent survey.
11. Although I suppose if you have a goat, you don't need trash pick-up or a lawnmower, so that's a bonus.
12. You have to deal with the whole horizontal eye thing and total lack of respect for personal space or for humankind's strange aversion to being rammed from behind, but I suppose the trade-off is worth it for some.
13. We're getting our first freeze tonight. This means the scenery is going from pretty to gorgeous.
14. It also means the 9-4 is going to start each morning with great reluctance.
15. One of my co-workers (we don't see each other often) told me a few days ago that she always listens to my hubby each morning on her way to school.
16. Me: "That's nice."
17. Her: "I just love listening to him!"
18. Me: "That's good. I'm glad."
19. Her: "I can't stop thinking about him! I think about him all the time."
20. Me: "Hold it, sister."
21. It's such a weird thing when people I barely know (or don't know at all, for that matter) think my husband (and often me) are community property because of his job. I don't mind people admiring him. I admire him greatly. I do mind someone thinking it's somehow appropriate to tell me they have a fantasy life that stars my husband.
22. Besides, telling me something like that just shows how little you know me. I'm not exactly the non-confrontational type.
23. Reader Question: Will you dress up for Halloween? If so, what are you going to be?
Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This bi-annual event was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a c...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...