Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Random facts you don't yet know about me (unless you're one of the few who read my thoughts on a regular basis):
1. C.J. is not the name on my birth certificate but over the last few years, it's become the name almost everyone uses for me.
2. I get asked often what C.J. stands for and, of course, I tell the truth: Calamity Jane.
3. One of my friends started calling me Cieje (pronounced "siege") because apparently the last "ay" sound is just too much to get out.
4. The other day, someone at work called me the Ciejinator and that is taking Ridiculous to previously unexplored heights.
5. I read The Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was in fourth grade and loved it.
6. I wrote my first story in second grade.
7. I was the last kid in the first grade to learn how to read.
8. While I've never run with scissors, I have, on several occasions, nearly put out an eye.
9. Usually someone else's.
10. I like pepper more than salt.
11. I think white chocolate is one step above green beans. Nasty.
12. I almost always have a candle burning in my kitchen.
13. I played clarinet in junior high and high school band and was once invited to play in the state band.
14. I once played the part of a Holocaust prisoner in a theatrical rendition of The Hiding Place.
15. I was also one of the "Pick-A-Little" ladies in The Music Man.
16. I've seen Phantom of the Opera twice (in L.A.) and would love to see it again in NYC.
17. I don't understand the motivation to bungee jump.
18. When I write poetry or song lyrics, the entire thing either flows out within five or ten minutes or it never happens at all.
19. I love eating pomegranates.
20. I once tried out for Wheel of Fortune and failed...but that's a post for another day.