Monday, October 6, 2008
A Piece of History
1. Yesterday was Kelly's birthday (Paul's wife, one of my best friends).
2. I was going to say "one of my bffs" but I just cannot bring myself to use that particular piece of lingo.
3. Anyway, my hubby made a cake for her. A pink flip-flop (the girl doesn't like stilettos...I still don't understand it). Here's a video of the cake, start to finish:
4. Today, an original copy of the Declaration of Independence is at the Nashville Public Library until 2 pm.
5. I'm taking the kids out of school early so we can all go see it.
6. This week I have another author interview, a fun creative writing post, and whatever else happens to run through my busy little brain while I'm blogging. =D
7. I'm still working out, showing that sassy little Wii Fit who's boss.
8. I finally wrote my way past a really difficult chapter. I don't know why it was so difficult except that I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle the subject matter, and I wasn't confident I nailed the pacing.
9. A CP assures me it isn't nearly as butchered as I feared so that's good news.
10. I would sincerely love to have just a pinch of Mary Poppins's power.
11. If I had a dollar for every time I've wished I could just snap my fingers and watch my house clean itself, I'd have replaced the 9-4 years ago.
12. I'd love to find a pair of cammoflauge stilettos.
13. Preferably for less than $100.
14. Otherwise, my only option is to drool from afar.
15. I've been thinking about how we as artists avoid becoming a caricature of ourselves.
16. I may head over to Swords and Stilettos and put up a post.
17. We have a new manager on loan to our store for the next month.
18. She and I are not going to be friends.
19. This is because A) she thinks managing people means ordering others around while she refuses to lift a finger and B) she looks down on those doing the work she refuses to do.
20. I don't respond well to either one.
21. She knows that now.
23. Reader Question: What's the most interesting job you've ever held?
Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This bi-annual event was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a c...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Are you ready to return to Ravenspire? THE BLOOD SPELL: Blue de la Cour has her life planned: hide the magic in her blood and co...