Monday, November 24, 2008
A Fishnet In A Pear Tree
1. This weekend I noticed several homes in my neighborhood have their outside Christmas lights up already.
2. I am surrounded by over-achievers.
3. I can assure you, our lights won't be up for a while.
4. Our school district threw in the towel this year and gave the kids the entire week of Thanksgiving off.
5. They're thrilled.
6. I'm trying to type this blog while Starshine watches a Backyardigans movie.
7. There are more mind-numbing options, of course, but at the moment, it's hard to think of any.
8. Last night, I fixed SF's synopsis and queried four more agents.
9. Today, after doing laundry and excavating the Scientist's bedroom, I'll write a bare-bones synopsis for Twisting Fate and send my Golden Heart entry out.
10. I took Starshine on a grocery-shopping trip Saturday--the boys think that's a treat because they get one on one time with me.
11. We stopped at McDonald's for lunch (his choice, not mine!) and they had huge Christmas ornaments hanging from the ceiling.
12. One of those was a bright purple ball wrapped in ... fishnet.
13. Nothing says happy holidays like a classy fishnet stocking.
14. On the blog this week: my review of the Jordan Almond samples sent to me, at least one Get Me Started entry, thoughts on what to do to advance your writing career during the month of December, my hubby's birthday post, and other assorted random entertainment.
15. Reader Question: My friend Paul loves music featuring bagpipes. He's looking for artists or albums to add to his collection. Do you have any recommendations for him?
Happy Holidays! Do you have a book lover on your list? Or maybe YOU'RE the book lover and would love to have something special...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...