Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Random, Ridiculous, & Sentimental
My List of What I'm Thankful For This Year:
1. My hard-working, supportive, talented husband.
2. My creative, loving, interesting, death-defying boys.
3. A kitchen with plenty of counter space.
4. My Pixie Chicks.
5. My CPs: Katy, Keli, Kris, Courtney (WHAT? No 'K'?)
6. Mashed potatoes made from scratch.
7. Food fights.
8. Really good books.
9. Agents who are both professional and generous with their time.
10. Amazing movies.
11. Peach pie.
12. My country.
13. My iPod.
14. Incredible friends (Paul, Kelly, Derreck, Tricia, Luke, Sandy...and others too numerous to list here)
15. Music I love
16. My imagination
17. The ability to write well
18. Oatmeal cookies
19. Everyone who has contributed toward our adoption fund
20. Flavored coffee drinks
21. My sense of humor
22. My cat
24. The fact that my family has clean water and plenty of food
25. My church
*Yes, I noticed the inordinate number of food-related items on this list. I also noticed the lack of goats.*
Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This bi-annual event was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a c...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...