You Can Take My Dad's Money! I Promise!
1. In case you missed the post below this one (the one with ALL CAPS FOR A TITLE), Shadowing Fate is finished and in the hands of the agents who requested it.
2. I did heavy revisions, mostly because a really cool (and very twisted) plot idea came to me--one that would carry through the entire series--and I had to go back and work it in.
3. The end product is hands down the best work I've ever done. I'm so excited to share it with others!
4. I wrote like a crazy woman this weekend with literally about 10 hours of sleep over the course of three days.
5. *wanders off to collapse*
6. This weekend, I'm teaching a Query Writing workshop at my local RWA chapter meeting, so I'm going to start pulling together material for that.
7. In March of 2009, I'll be teaching an online week long course in query writing, so will pull from much of the same material.
8. I think hands-on learning is best, so my workshops are geared toward making sure everyone leaves with a working query letter they can immediately send out.
9. I got my shipment of candy to review on this blog and will be selling my so ... er ... blogging about it soon.
10. My house looks like I spent all weekend writing.
11. My kids have rediscovered their love of Lincoln logs after finding a box of the things hidden ... I mean, kept in their sister's closet.
12. I've rediscovered why I hid the box in the first place.
13. It hurts to step on chunks of wood at night in your bare feet.
14. Daredevil recently campaigned for president at his school. Every kid in his class had to put together some sort of campaign, complete with promises.
15. Daredevil did a video, shot at home, where he wandered around our house promising all the things he would give anyone who voted for him (he has yet to embrace the concept that a true leader doesn't have to bribe others to vote for him).
16. Among the items promised to his voters: chocolate drinking fountains at school, all the money in his dad's wallet (Ah. A true politician! Bribe your voters without using your own money!), every game system we own, and the cat.
17. We'll see how successful he is.
18. I'd love to type more, I really would, but my eyes are crossing (even though I slept last night) and I think a nap is in my near future.
19. Reader Question: Do you ever attend book signings? Why or why not? What would make you go?