Beware the Pigeon Mafia
1. What?? It's already Friday?
2. *shakes head*
3. With so much time spent off my feet this week (due to a pulled tendon in my arch...ouch!), I don't feel like I've accomplished nearly enough.
4. I did, however, read a few books, and that's always a good use of time.
5. Want to do something to support the publishing industry and your favorite authors this month? (Plus be nice to your wallet?)
6. Give books as your gift of choice to coworkers, in-laws, children, your favorite stiletto-wearing blogger...books!
7. Not only are they inexpensive (I totally dig the less than $7 paperbacks!), every sale bolsters the industry, lessens the impact of returns (bookstores sending back unsold books), and sends a message of confidence to the publishers who then turn around and renew contracts and offer new deals to debut authors.
8. So go buy a book. Don't make me loose my Pigeon Mafia on you.
9. Didn't know I had a Pigeon Mafia, did you?
10. That's because no one ever lives to spread tales.
11. Last night, I hosted a Guy's Night for my hubby's birthday: football, a nacho bar, poker, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, Guitar Hero...you know, guy stuff.
12. Paul came.
13. He brought his new Beretta (which I totally loved and think I should own).
14. Alas, despite his gun and his tough-guy attitude, he went home without Juan Pedro.
15. This is because JP hid in the one place Paul wouldn't dare breach.
16. My boys' bathtub.
17. Yes, just past the infamous Toilet of Mass Destruction, camouflaged by a cheerful blue and yellow ducky shower curtain, Juan Pedro, the Metallic Merchant of Death, lurked.
18. He's still mine.
19. Pictures go up next week.
20. Reader Question: If one of your dreams could come true this Christmas, which would you ask for? (Let's just take "world peace" off the table and make it more personal.)