Monday, December 29, 2008
It's 10:21 a.m.--Do you know where YOUR glue stick is?
1. I took a few days off from blogging for two reasons.
2. One, I wanted to be offline as much as possible to enjoy time with my family over Christmas.
3. Two, Christmas day was the ONLY day last week that one of us wasn't throwing up.
4. Lovely, I know.
5. Looks like we're all healthy now and I once again have the energy required to wade through the copious amount of laundry screaming for my attention.
6. Christmas day was fun. The kids woke us up by turning on the Scientist's radio full blast (Better than some of the other wake up calls I've had all week...puking, remember? Blech.) and we all raced downstairs to see what Santa brought.
7. After stockings and a pancake breakfast, the kids opened the HUGE present from their grandparents...the one they'd been salivating over for a month.
8. Rock Band. Much screaming. A few hysterical wails along the lines of "This is the best day of my life!" I decided the grandparents should be alerted to the joy they'd given my children.
9. It was 6 a.m. their time.
10. We called.
12. If we get the joy of being awakened early Christmas morning by our children, why should we keep that to ourselves?
13. That would be selfish.
14. Starshine was walking into church Sunday morning and flashed the inside of his jacket at me, much the way you see scam artists on the streets give you a quick peek at fake gold chains or aluminum-plated Rolex counterfeits.
15. Instead of jewelery, however, Starshine had a glue stick wedged in the clear plastic inner pocket of his jacket. (I didn't even know his jacket had a clear plastic inner pocket.)
16. "Why do you have a glue stick in your pocket?" I asked.
17. He leaned toward me and assumed his most serious expression. "I'm prepared for any gluing emergencies today."
18. "Are there usually gluing emergencies at church?" I asked.
19. He widened his eyes. "Mom. You never know when you're going to need glue. It's best to be prepared."
20. So it is.
21. Reader Question: Do you make New Year's Resolutions?