Monday, April 6, 2009

Is It Monday Already?



1. The boys are home for Spring Break this week which means I don't have to set my alarm so early.

2. It also means finding quiet time to write is much more difficult to do.

3. Jeaniene Frost has agreed to be interviewed on this blog in May. Yay!!

4. Any questions you'd like to ask her?

5. Carly, one of our kittens, is very sick.

6. The vet says it's fatal. I researched her illness online and only found one case where a cat was cured.

7. I'm forcing food and an auto-immune builder (something I've used successfully myself) down her throat every two hours and praying for a miracle.

8. I don't think one is coming and having to face that grief again so soon is really rough.

9. Started my online query workshop today (it's confined to some specific writer loops or I'd issue a blanket invitation to my blog readers).

10. My house looks like I have three boys home for Spring Break.

11. I'm going to remedy that situation today and they're going to help.

12. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear that.

13. The effects of my concussion are nearly non-existent at this point and I'm glad.

14. One of my friends offered to get me a customized helmet and while I could totally rock the helmet look (yeah, right), I turned her down.

15. Two days ago, I was driving home from the store in my hubby's car, grabbed the sun visor to move it to the side--forgetting that the little plastic clip that anchors it in place broke off a while ago--and yanked.

16. Naturally, with nothing anchoring it in place, the sun visor flew toward me and smacked me in the forehead.

17. It didn't hurt.

18. But I did reconsider the whole helmet thing.

19. Reader Question: What questions would you like asked of Jeaniene Frost when I interview her? These can be specific to her as an author or questions for an author in general. I don't promise to use your question, but I'd love to get some ideas. :)

5 comments:

  1. So sorry about your kittylove. So hard. We had our baby kitty, Clarity, for only a few short months because she had some awful blood disease. So hard and so sad when such a little creature who can't understand what's happening has to battle illness. Thank goodness Carly kitty found her way to your loving home, though, so she can have a great life- no matter how long it is. Let's hope she beats the odds. Hugs to you and your kids and Hubby. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam and Max send hugs and lots of kitty kisses to Carly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your kitty. As a huge animal lover who's gone through tough times with my babies, I know what you must be going through. Hugs to you.

    Regarding your interview with Jeaniene Frost, I hope you don't mind if I send my online book club friends over here. It just so happens we're reading her series at the moment and are LOVING it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the well wishes for Carly. So far, she's hanging in there, though I don't think she's getting better.

    Laurie- Of course you can invite your book club friends! The more, the merrier! :)

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...