I got one of those email forwards today instructing me to change the answers to my own and then send it off to the rest of my mailing list. Instead, the lazy blogger in me decided this might be an entertaining blog entry.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30, although my brain engaged sometime later in the morning.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Shoes! What? It's an accessory.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? 12 Rounds (A Big FAT Don't Bother!)
4. What is your favorite TV show? Lost is my favorite show currently on tv (and yes, I'm a rabid fan). Other all-time favorites include Alias and I Love Lucy.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal, if I can protect my bowl from my diabolical kittens long enough to wolf it down.
6. What is your middle name? Queen Of Everything
7. What food do you dislike? Green beans, apples, and most forms of chocolate. Also pizza. And don't forget okra. Blech.
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Red's Innocence And Instinct
9. What kind of car do you drive? A cherry red Ferrari. Oooohhh. You meant my non-imaginary vehicle. Fine. A Saturn Relay. It's a mini-van, but I drive it with a Ferrari attitude.
10. Favorite sandwich? Grilled turkey BLT with Swiss, no mayo. I hate mayo.
11. What characteristic do you despise? Cruelty, dishonesty, and self-centeredness. Also the ability to eat anything at all and still wear a size 2.
12. Favorite item of clothing? Shoes. And by shoes, I mean stilettos, boots, and wedge heels. No flats or flip-flops for me.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Ireland
14 . Favorite brand of clothing? I don't have one. I seriously do not care about brands. It's silly to pay three times as much for something just because someone's name is on the tag.
15. Where would you retire to? Transylvania. In my own castle. As Queen Of Everything.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? That's a weird question. Is it implying that only certain birthdays are memorable or wondering when's the last birthday I remember having? I'm not that old, yanno.
17. Favorite sport to watch? Football, boxing, basketball. Just not golf. That bores me senseless.
18. Furthest place you are sending this? Hm...well, I do have blog readers from Latvia. That's pretty far away.
19. Person you expect to send it back first? I'm going to change this question to the person I think will comment first. Can't be sure which of my regular commenters will hit my blog next, so I'll say either Kerry Allen or Wandereringray.
20. Your Birthday? January 8 (Go ahead and put it on your calendar. I'm very open to flattery and bribes of the bookstore gift card variety.)
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Either. Whichever I have to be. I learned that this summer when I stayed up until 3 am writing some nights.
22. What is your shoe size? Whatever gets me into the pair I'm currently craving.
23. Pets? A big chow hound named Bear and two feline Divas of Deviousness named Carly and Tinks.
24. Any news you'd like to share with us? Um. *scratches head to think of something not already on the blog* I'll get back to you on this one.
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A writer, a teacher, and a superhero with magical powers.
26. How are you today? *rolls eyes* Dizzy, but let's not dwell on that.
27. What is your favorite candy? Hot Tamales, which are of the devil.
28. What is your favorite flower? I don't really like flowers. They give me headaches.
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? The day we receive our little girl's picture from China. The day I sign a book deal. The day someone gives me a pair of those super cool Chanel pistol heels.
30. What's your full name? I often get asked what C.J. stands for. I say Calamity Jane. Judging from the content on this blog, I defy you to call me a liar.
31. What are you listening to right now? Tornado news coverage on the tv.
32. What was the last thing you ate? A crescent roll with cream cheese and salsa in the middle.
33. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes.
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red.
35. How is the weather right now? Rain, thunder, lightning ... but the tornado warning is pretty much over for now.
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My hubby. :)
37. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke with Lime
38. Favorite restaurant? Asuka (hibachi grill) or Logans
39. Real hair color? Ha! With three boys, it's probably gray, but I don't let it go that far.
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? Books, my Wonder Woman underoos, and Strawberry Shortcake. Also toy horses, but that was before a horse rudely kicked me in the head. (*sigh* Yes, yes, another head injury...)
41. Summer or winter? I like both, but autumn is best.
42. Hugs or kisses? Both!
43. Chocolate or vanilla? Both are equally boring unless combined with something I really love. Like strawberries. Or peanut butter. Or coffee.
44. Coffee or tea? Coffee, though the caffeine does have some rather interesting side effects on my personality.
45. Do you want your friends to email you back? I'll change this to "Do you want your readers to comment?" and of course the answer is yes.
46. When was the last time you cried? Last week at the end of Sayid's Lost episode. Which is unusual, because I'm not a crier. Still, it was powerful enough that I got tears in my eyes. But the last time I really cried was February 9th, when my beloved Taz died.
47. What is under your bed? Dust bunnies. A box of cassette tapes (Wow! Do I even have a tape player anymore? I don't think so.) And whatever contraband Tinks has smuggled under there.
48. What did you do last night? I'd love to tell you, but my lawyer says keeping my mouth shut at this point is essential to my case.
49. What are you afraid of? Drowning, driving over bridges (directly relates to the whole drowning thing) and semi trucks. Also, mullets. And while fear isn't an accurate emotion for how I feel about goats, I do find them highly disturbing. Highly. Disturbing.
50. Salty or sweet? Sour and spicy.
51. How many keys on your key ring? 5, I think. I don't care enough about the answer to go check.
52. How many years at your current job? 4
53. Favorite day of the week? Any day I get to stay home from work and spend time with my family instead.
54. How many towns have you lived in? 8
55. Do you make friends easily? I think so, though it takes a while to move beyond the "friendly" stage and into true friendship.
Counting down the days until you can visit Ravenspire again? You're one step closer now that the pre-order for THE BLOODSPELL is availab...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...