Monday, April 27, 2009
Spaz, I Tell You!
1. Getting up at 4:30 a.m., while productive, makes me feel like I should be halfway through my day by 9 a.m.
2. Daredevil will probably be a writer when he grows up.
3. I say this because he's been writing novels (and wondering aloud at my astounding lack of progress when he can complete five a day and I can't) for several years.
4. And because he asks me if I understand what it feels like to look around a public place and pretend to be the other people I see.
5. And because he walks by a restaurant doorway lit with green neon and exclaims loudly, "Beware! The Green Door of Doom!"
6. I think we may have misnamed our new kitten.
7. We call her Samantha (actually, we call her Sam or Sammy) but truly, she should be a Spaz.
8. She talks constantly and if she doesn't receive the proper reply (hard to know what that is...imitating her seems to be the WRONG button to push), she begins meowing with the kind of volume and ferocity rarely seen in the feline species.
9. Also, she has a thing for chewing on ears.
10. And for deciding that NOW is the time to pet kitty. Never mind that NOW is 3:15 a.m. Pet or be masticated. Your choice.
11. Last week I struggled through the ending scenes of SF (revisions) and finally decided that the character giving me so much trouble would have to be in a dead faint, her mouth firmly shut, so that I can finish this scene in peace.
12. And so, this morning she fainted dead away and will not be revived soon enough to recover her powers of speech before I type The End.
13. That'll teach her.
14. Have a Super Secret Project idea that must take second place to the hours devoted to the Fate series but is tugging at my brain nonetheless.
15. When did we start shoving the words "none" "the" and "less" together? Laziness? Conservation of spaces?
16. Fringe is getting better each week. I think I'm actually warming up to Anna what's-her-name, the lead actress.
17. Still, I watch for the treat that is John Noble's Walter Bishop.
18. No one has ever made the word "posit" sound so interesting.
19. And now, I must make like a Hobbit and get my second breakfast. The one from 5 a.m. is long gone.