I'm so excited to have my Agent of Awesomesauce Holly Root on the blog today. Holly is a class act who understands and respects the creative process, is a pit bull when it comes to negotiating for her clients, and doesn't flinch from writers who think discussing milk-flavored duckies and spiders down cleavage in the same post is acceptable blog content.
Plus, she has minions. Revision Duck Mafia minions. You know that's cool.
The first time I talked with Holly, I felt instantly at home. Especially when I sort of wondered aloud if she'd wandered through my blog because what she found MIGHT sway her decision to offer representation (and not in a good way), and she assured me she'd read my blog, and it was crazy-free.
I decided either she was being kind, or she was my kind of people. Turns out she's my kind of people.
When I asked her which of the Usual Suspects she'd like to be interviewed by, she chose the Spork of Doom.
Spork of Doom.
Now that you know who's who, let's get to the important stuff. As you know, Clint makes a special cupcake in honor of whomever is being interviewed. Holly requested a Kitten of Doom cupcake. I thought it was going to be the end of Clint. He kept asking me, "What does a Kitten of Doom look like?" To which I replied, "Yanno. Doomy."
He didn't really find that helpful.
And then, after he'd nearly finished the Kitten of Doom, disaster struck. Our very own Spastic Kitten, furious at the apparent competition for the title of Most Insane Feline Under Our Roof, did a drive-by swiping, sending the cupcake (and two hours of hard work) flying toward the floor. Thankfully, the Scientist was close at hand and he caught the cupcake before it splattered everywhere, thereby saving this blog post and Spastic Kitten's life. So, without further ado, I give you the (doomy) Kitten of Doom (Yes, it's ALL edible.) and Holly's interview with the Spork of Doom! We're all about Doom! today.
1. I’m all about world domination, and I’m always looking for good help. Why would you be an acceptable minion in my quest?
You can never go wrong with at least one minion with opposable thumbs.
2. Being a Spork of Doom takes moxy. What’s the sporkiest thing you’ve ever done?
Worn fuchsia and red together and Made. It. Work.
3. When I’m not busy taking over the world, I like to eat pie. What kind of pie do you think is worthy of my Spork of Doom status?
I'll see you your pie and raise you a blackberry cobbler. That, my friend, is how God intended us to consume fruit and carbs together, and as a bonus wouldn't it be most efficient to consume via spork?
4. You make a valid point. Favorite dessert to eat with a spork?
See above. Check and mate.
5. I have the ability to be simultaneously spoon, fork, and weapon of mass destruction. What unique ability do you have?
A devastating deadpan.
6. In this day and age, a savvy spork bent on world domination can’t afford to ignore a good marketing campaign. I’m thinking t-shirts with “Spork or Die.” If you made a shirt with your own slogan on it, what would it say?
If you can read this, I sold it.
7. If I had to compare myself to anyone in history, I’d have to say I’m most like Napoleon. Only skinnier. And shinier. And smart enough not to lose my empire at a place with a ridiculous name like Waterloo. Who are you most like and why?
I'm going with my boy Ghengis on account of the conquering the known world and the excellent bone structure.
8. Why is your job just as much fun as world domination?
They both come with a corporate jet.
9. Seriously? Why don't I have a corporate jet? I'm a SPORK OF DOOM. I need a corporate jet. Or at least some pie. You need to accomplish a secret, night-time mission as my minion. Cloak? No cloak? Why?
Oh, no cloak. Didn't you see The Incredibles? Never a cloak.
10. My best piece of advice to others is this: “Fear the spork!” What’s your best advice?
Quit picking at it.
Thank you, Holly, for taking on the Spork of Doom with such inimitable style. To learn more about Holly as an agent, go here.
Holly brought a giveaway with her today--the choice of one of the books from her stash. Trust me, she has a STASH! Answer Holly's question in the comment trail to go into a drawing. The winner will be announced on Thursday, so stay tuned. Holly will then email you with a list of books to choose from. Have fun!
Holly's question: What color scheme would your super* suit follow? (The * is because I respect supers of both the villain and hero persuasions. And mine would be lavender and deep purple, for the record.)