Monday, August 30, 2010
Nemesis, Thy Name Is Cardboard
1. Last week was wild, incredible, and exhausting (but in a good way).
2. The Skip A Starbucks Day fundraiser brought in a little over 1/2 of what we need to raise, which is AWESOME!
3. If you donated, blogged, tweeted, emailed ... thank you. Those two words are truly inadequate in the face of how much you've blessed our family, but it's all I've got.
4. I'm leaving the donate button up on the sidebar because donations keep trickling in. Again, thank you.
5. The only downside to being totally focused on fundraising last week?
6. The laundry saw my momentary distraction, whispered sweet nothings into the ears of my three boys ("Yessssss, go roll down that muddy hill, change your shirt, and then do it again! Your mom won't even notice!), and staged what shall hence forth be referred to as The Laundry Mutiny.
7. I realized the imminent danger with only hours to spare. Mostly because I had to be somewhere IN PUBLIC Sunday night and discovered I was going to have to either do a quick load of laundry or arrive in my birthday suit.
8. Since then, I've been dividing my time between teaching the laundry who's boss, catching up on email, organizing home school materials, and figuring out how to fit 5workdays into 4 so we can go to Louisiana (the birthplace of humidity and bugs) for the weekend.
9. What else happened last week besides running both an online and on-site fundraiser?
10. I did a face plant into some empty boxes at work, that's what.
11. Who leaves a pile of boxes right outside my office door???
12. It's like they WANT me to die.
13. Fortunately, I didn't have an audience for that.
14. Sadly, I can't say the same for the THREE TIMES IN A ROW that I hit my face on a box that hung over the edge of its shelf and into the hallway by about four inches.
15. It's not that I didn't see it.
16. I did.
17. Well, I did after I walked into it.
18. It's not that I didn't know it was there.
19. Especially times 2 and 3.
20. It's that I was distracted.
21. By someone asking me questions.
22. And clearly, I cannot safely walk and talk at the same time.
23. I now suspect the employees are trying to kill me off with the clever use of cardboard and conversation.
24. Kudos to them for making it look like an accident.