Friday, January 21, 2011
At Least It Wasn't The Bird of Paradise
1. Sooo, I sort of sucked as a blogger this week.
2. I did, however, rock as a writer.
3. Next week I'm going to be both awesome writer AND awesome blogger.
4. Watch for it.
5. On Monday, The Spork of Doom interviews an editor from Pocket and she reveals her unusual nickname, why she'd be an incredible minion, and a fabulous new paranormal book coming out this month. She's even giving away a copy of the book to one of my readers!
6. Plus, for the first time ever, my hubby writes a (somewhat aggressive) note to accompany his cupcake creation.
7. On Wednesday, Captain Jack interviews best-selling paranormal author Lillith Saintcrow (and a reader can win one of her books too!). It remains to be seen if my hubby will write a (possibly homicidal) note with her cupcake as well.
8. Also, I'm going to do a post on my ten favorite books from 2010. Everyone who comments with one of their own favorite reads from last year will be entered into a drawing for one of my favorite books.
9. If I know the author personally, I might be able to get the book autographed first.
10. Or, I might need bail and a lengthy explanation for how my actions should be construed as misplaced enthusiasm rather than creepy stalker-girl.
11. In other news, I have 3 spots left in the Query Workshop that starts Monday. Head to my workshop site if interested.
12. In other, other news, my super-secret YA project is going so well, I'm slightly giddy. I have a word count bar at the top of my sidebar so I can keep myself accountable to my weekly writing goals. I have no idea why that should matter to you, but now I'm in a competition with myself to make sure I don't publicly humilitate myself by not adding to it each week.
13. It's convoluted logic, but it works for me.
14. And now, to save this post from going down into the anals of blog history as The Most Boring Blog Post Ever, I share the following:
15. Two weeks ago, I had the flu. While I'm no longer sick, I still have a bit of a cough.
16. When I say I have a bit of a cough, what I mean is, I'll be totally fine until suddenly, WHAM! I have to cough.
18. A few days ago, I was eating lunch.
19. I had a mouthful of sandwhich when WHAM! Insta-cough.
20. In the millisecond before the cough hit, when I realized it was coming, my brain cataloging my options and prioritized.
22. Instead of considering the overall health and wellness of my nasal cavities, my brain screamed "Don't spray food! It's rude!"
23. So, I clamped my lips shut and coughed.
24. And sent a mouthful of mostly-chewed sandwich up my nose.
26. So, tune in next week for a fun week on the blog. And until then, may your nose remain completely sandwich-free.
Happy Holidays! Do you have a book lover on your list? Or maybe YOU'RE the book lover and would love to have something special...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...