Monday, January 31, 2011
Chewy & Strangely Tasteless
1. My daughter takes after me.
2. As proof, I offer the following true story.
3. We were at a friend's house hanging out with several other couples, and I was holding Princess J on my lap while I fed her a bottle.
4. Remember last week when I revealed the (potentially career-ending) fact that I had inadvertently snorted half-chewed sandwich up my nose when hit with an Insta-cough?
5. Princess J had an Insta-cough moment as she was drinking the bottle and ... wait for it ... all the proof you'll ever need that she is MINE ...
6. Shot two streams of formula right out of her nose.
7. I love that kid.
8. Starshine had an interesting moment of his own this week when Clint took the boys with him to an Asian grocery store in Nashville.
9. Among other things, Clint purchased a type of Chinese candy that is wrapped inside rice paper, boxed, and then sealed with plastic wrap. As they were driving home, Clint told the kids they could open their candy, and then informed them the treat was extra cool because the wrapper was edible too.
10. A minute later, Starshine asked from the backseat, "Dad, are you SURE this wrapper is edible? Because I'm having a really hard time chewing it."
11. Clint looked back to see Starshine dutifully chewing on the outside plastic wrapper that came around the box.
12. He takes after me too.
14. This Wednesday, instead of a cupcake interview, I'm posting a list of my ten favorite books from 2010, along with a fun contest where you could win one of those books.
15. The month of February will have cupcake interviews with some incredible authors: Jonathan Maberry, Maria Snyder, and J.T. Ellison. I'm really looking forward to it!
16. My new goal for the month of February is to avoid shooting food (chewed or otherwise) through my nose.
17. A small goal, yes, but one I sincerely hope I achieve.
18. At least in public.
19. Other goals include reaching the 1/2 mark on my current writing project, building my library of to-be-read books on my new Nook, and decimating my laundry pile to the point where I can legitimately yell "What now, funky pile of clothing? What now?!?" without sounding like a crazy woman.
20. If you just thought "The crazy ship sailed on this blog a loooong time ago," better keep it to yourself or your chances for winning one of the awesome books I loved from 2010 will drop. Drastically.
21. I'm trying to remember if I shared one of my unique claim-to-fame stories on this blog. One involving Disneyland, a cheap bra, and ninja skillz that would make Bruce Lee WISH he was this awesome.
22. Sound familiar?
23. If not, I'll have to post that this week. It's one of those stories that should probably embarrass me, but really? If you're a regular blog reader, you realize that if I was prone to embarrassment, I'd have died from it by now.
24. Don't believe me?
25. Check my blog archive for the time I walked in to a tree. Or into a hotel bathroom door. Or did a stop-drop-roll routine down the side of my yard in full view of my neighbors. Or accidentally got drunk off of CAKE and then tried (unsuccessfully) to carry off a professional job interview. Or kicked my eye doctor in the shin while gagging aloud. And since I could continue this list of potentially embarrassing items indefinitely, I'm going to cut it off here.
26. Check back Wednesday for my list of 2010 faves and be prepared to recommend a few of your own! (You might just win a prize!)
The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...
Today, as promised, a post on zombies. Not just any zombies. Zombie goats. Unlike ordinary zombies who stalk through the streets muttering ...