Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Whip It!


1. I am jealous of the cat pictured above.

2. I'd love to nap. Anywhere. Face first is definitely an option.

3. Most of my nights in the last week were a grand sum of 4 hours of sleep.

4. I feel like maybe I'm turning into a zombie. Though I doubt I'll be screaming BRAAAAIIINNNNZZZZ any time soon. That hardly seems a solution to my problem.

5. I might, however, scream MAAAAIIIIIDDDD, followed up by TIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE.

6. However, being busy also means I have things to blog about, so WIN for you, yes?

7. First, a writing update: I've reached the 1/2 point on my current project and am really loving it. I have three weeks to write the second half and am determined to do so.

8. Second, an embarrassing episodes update: None.

9. By my standards, anyway.

10. I went on a writer's retreat this past weekend with 24 other women and managed to not once snort liquid through my nose, walk into a bathroom door, or have the mother of all wardrobe malfunctions.

11. I did manage to lock myself IN my bedroom and had to spend five minutes jiggling the door handle and calling it all sorts of nasty names until I finally figured out the genius of a contractor who designed the place put the handle in upside down.

12. But I was alone when that happened, so there's no proof.

13. I wasn't alone when I tried karaoke for the first time.

14. Because I don't generally shy away from performing in front of others (be that public speaking, singing, or splitting the seam of my jeans while ice skating), I was the first to grab the mic.

15. Nobody else wanted it yet anyway because they hadn't had enough to drink.

16. I decided my opening number should be Bohemian Rhapsody.

17. And as you know, if I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it all the way.

18. Dear Reader, I killed it.

19. High note, headbanging (Oh, yes, I did), and all.

20. Freddy Mercury, eat your heart out.

21. The highlight of the evening, however, came after I'd already excused myself to go back into my room to write. My bedroom shared a wall with the living area. Twenty three women (many in various stages of DRINK) were on the other side of that wall. Singing. Regardless of who held the mic.

22. I had my iPod cranked to block them out, but in the second between one song ending and another beginning, I heard something that made me yank out my ear buds and check to be sure I had it right.

23. I did.

24. Twenty-three women all singing at the top of their lungs "Whip It! Whip It Good!"

25. I will never be the same.

26. And now, I'm off to see if anyone wants to trade me my kingdom for a nap.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! You should have recorded it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can confirm...She did a Rockin' Freddy Mercury! Loved spending the weekend with ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I totally locked myself in the room too! I thought it was just me, and was dreading the moment when I would actually have to yell for help, when I realized the handle was upside down.

    It was a great retreat! Thank you for being my roommate :) Good luck powering through the remainder of your WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda glad I missed the Whip It! but I wish I'd heard your Bohemian Rhapsody! :)

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...