Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This Ain't No Free Show

I've lived in my current home for almost four years. 46 months, to be precise. In that time, I've grown to love and respect many of my neighbors and thought they appreciated me as well.

They did.

For very different reasons.

Our home sits at the entrance to a cul de sac in a neighborhood where yards are large and line of sight extends through several blocks worth of houses. In fact, the back of my home can be seen from a major road, two other cul de sacs, and from most of the homes on my own street.

A few months ago, one of the teenagers who lives next door and babysits for me often, dropped a most unwelcome bombshell.

She said, "You know your privacy glass in your master bathroom doesn't work, right?"

WRONG!

How am I supposed to know that? I never watch myself get undressed and into the bathtub that rests right below our large picture window. Apparently, I'm the only one who doesn't.

I ran upstairs and turned on the light while my husband ran to the backyard to check the truthfulness of this preposterous statement.

She was right.

The builders installed the privacy glass backwards so while I can't see out (not that helpful, in the grand scheme of things), everyone else can see in.

Clearly.

This means that my friends, my extended neighborhood, and random passing motorists have all received an eyeful at one time or another. (I did wonder about the cars-running-off-the-road-and-through-the-fence incidents that seemed to occur with alarming frequency on the road behind us.)

I have two things to say about this:

1. Why did it take OVER THREE YEARS for anyone to mention this crucial bit of information?

2. I think a lot of people owe us some singles.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh! So that's your house!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes it is...looks like you owe me some singles.

    Nevermind, you've paid your debt in Starbucks!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wiggie - oh my indeed. Took us a few days to recover from the shock.

    Went out a bought heavy blinds the very next morning and covered that baby up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *grins* I'd put a sign up that says: "show's over folks, go on home"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good suggestion.

    Knowing me, the show's far from over, but it's always good to keep people guessing.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...