Saturday, June 2, 2007

For Malystryx

Friends depart, and memory takes them
To her caverns, pure and deep.


-Thomas Haynes Bayly


My good friend Malystryx (aka Dragon Master, aka Cinna-man) lost a close friend and confidant last night. Leo, a gorgeous long-haired tabby cat who was both frighteningly smart and incredibly loyal, died in a sad accident.

I know what it's like to lose an animal who is an intricate part of the fabric of your life. You look for them in all the old familiar places and fresh grief hits when they aren't there.

I wish I could do something tangible to make Malystryx's pain heal for him but only God and time are in charge of that. So instead, I offer him this post as a way to commemorate Leo (that beautiful, loving, devious, cheese-burger stealing cat).

Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. That means a lot to me. I just want you to know Im not cold hearted like I may have seemed at work, simply blowing it off and leaving...It didnt actually hit me til I got home and saw him. But again, thank you. Your advice, kind words, and friendship are very valuable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't seem coldhearted. You were in shock and unable to truly accept it until you got home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malystryx -

    I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

    K

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...