Monday, June 18, 2007

What's In A Name?

So, my hubby is trying to come up with a cool name for his new cake decorating biz. I'm helping, of course. I decided to trot out all our ideas here and let you vote on your fav's or add new ones of your own.

The current favorite: Let Them Eat Cake

Strong Contenders: Frost This!, Cake Or Death (based on the infamous monologue by the British comedian Eddie Izzard), and Real Men Bake Cake

Rejected Ideas: Crazee Cakes (shout out to Malystryx), The Cakinator, The Cake Master (not to be confused with the master-caker), Cake-a-licious (hi there, Kelly) and others too embarassing to name.


I thought up each of the strong contenders and the initial idea (a riff on Marie Antoinette) for the current favorite. Personally, I LOVE Frost This! and Cake or Death but hubby worries that the first might be a tad strong and the last is too obscure. I say when you make super cool cakes that everyone wants, the name automatically becomes hip.

What say you?

18 comments:

  1. Funny...I don't see Sweet Nothings listed. =)

    I vote for Frost This!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazee cakes...lol. Oh geez. Well, I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, mayberry! I'm not sure my husband thinks Sweet Nothings is manly enough...but it's cute!

    Malystryx that was most unhelpful. Which did you like best?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Clint-a-licious! It's my favorite!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo, Kelly, you vote for the rejected "Cake-a-licious"? My hubby will be so surprised...

    What do you really think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about something simple but memorable so that people remember that Clint is the head honcho of cakes: Cakes by Clint?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamn bell that's really nice. I'll tell him your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about "The Cake Whisperer"?!

    Great job on the cakes this weekend -- it's a real art-form.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Cake Whisperer! I love it! That's incredibly creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here are a few suggestions:

    Clint's Creative Cakes
    Cakes a la Clinton
    Chef Clint Cakes
    Cakes by Chef Clint
    Clint's Specialty Cakes
    My 3 sons cakes
    C&C Cake Bakery

    Thanks for letting me put in my two cents worth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One more.....
    Clint's delectible cake creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Carolyn. I think the My 3 Sons Bakery is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about "Sweet Dreams"-Cakes by Clint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a nice one too, Mom.

    How about Cake of Dreams - If you frost it, they will eat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry...I meant "Cake-a-licious"...But I really don't know...I'll let you know if I think of something!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What about these?

    "Double Take Cakes"

    "Don't Forsake the Cake"

    ReplyDelete
  17. okayy i without a doubt love "let them eat cake" its a fun name with almost an elegant feel.
    very nice. :) love the movie too.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...