Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fashion Faux-Paux

I've seen plenty of ads for clothing and shoes in faux leather, faux suede and faux fur. It makes sense. Leather, suede, and fur are expensive and at some point, supply cannot meet demand. But until yesterday, I had no idea the need for "faux" materials had spread. I saw a catalog entry for a skirt of "faux fleece".

Huh?

I had no idea there was even a market for faux fleece. Who buys this stuff? Are there people out there who say to themselves, "Well, I want the LOOK of fleece but without the arduous cost so I'll just buy faux fleece with none the wiser!"?

What's next? Faux terry cloth? Faux polyester? Is there some sort of fabric shortage?

Fake fleece skirts. Wonders never cease.

2 comments:

  1. I will be looking for this in a store near me!!(This I have to see!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just think, if it's a really good imitation, no one will ever know you aren't wearing real fleece...

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...