I was over at Jeaniene Frost's lj tonight and she had an entry listing 8 quirks of hers. Apparently the rules are, you list your 8 then tag 8 other people to read yours and then post their own.
She didn't tag anyone and neither will I. It just sounded like fun. Now, to narrow my quirks down to 8...
1. I have to brush my teeth multiple times per day. Have to. Cannot stand anything less than a fresh mouth. How far does this compulsion go? After I gave birth to my first child (26 hours of labor, no epidural, homorraghing for over an hour before I had him, and 2 hours of "rebuilding" as they stitched me up...all with NO FOOD for nearly 30 hours), I insisted that, even though it was midnight and I'd just endured hell, I had to go into the bathroom and brush my teeth. It took two nurses to get me there and then I passed out cold. They revived me (smelling salts will snap you back to consciousness and straight into next week) and I refused to leave until I finished brushing.
2. I "peel" the chocolate off candy bars when I eat them. Since I really don't care much for chocolate in the first place, I only eat candy bars that are peelable. (Look, everyone, a new word!) Twix, Kit Kat, and Reese's are the best. Get that pesky chocolate out of the way and the rest isn't half bad.
3. I am slightly afraid of goats. It's the horizontal pupil thing. It's not natural.
4. I do not stop at stop signs unless it cannot be avoided. I pause. Sometimes I only pause for a millisecond. (take, for example, the useless stop sign at the end of my cul de sac. My road ends onto a main road in our subdivision. Unless another car is coming, I don't need to stop. If another car is coming, I possess both the common sense and the wherewithal to stop, no commanding red sign needed.)
5. I cannot watch horror movies. Ever. My imagination is waaaaaay too vivid. Those images take root, fester, and become imminently plausible. I once tried to watch The Ring - during the day, to give me courage - and had to fast forward through the scary scenes and even then, I was freaked for days. I couldn't even watch X Files unless my hubby was home with me because I became convinced that a murderer would shape-shift and enter my locked condo through my air vent.
6. I don't like chick flicks. There are very few exceptions to this. "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" comes to mind. That's all.
7. I have to eat popcorn in a movie theater. I've tried to go without it (thank you Dr. Atkins for inspiring that piece of foolishness). It didn't work. I need my popcorn. I am a much happier woman with my popcorn.
8. I throw whip cream at unsuspecting people. (There are fewer and fewer unsuspecting people in my life, nowadays. Time to lure in some newbies.) I can't help it. I certainly don't want to eat it. And it makes such a perfect little fluffy missile.
Well, there they are. 8 (of many) quirks in my personality. Feel free to add any of YOURS, not MINE. I feel compelled to mention that since I know some of you (my hubby, Malystryx - who is currently on vacation, my Mom) might see fit to add a few more items onto my list. =)