Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thinking of Thanksgiving

Some things I'm thankful for:

1. My Savior and the lover of my soul, Jesus Christ.

2. My incredible husband who loves me completely and who is still my favorite person.

3. My children who challenge me and amaze me and light up my life.

4. Pancakes.

5. The fact that I now know to pull everything out of the middle of the turkey before I cook it.

6. A strong sense of humor.

7. Friends who have become family (Paul, Kelly, Leigh)

8. Friends who offer love and faithful friendship (Dusty, Kailani, Opal, Drew, Tricia, Sandy, Luke, Shelley, Dawn, Sharon, John, Derreck...can you see how blessed I am?)

9. A critique partner who has also become a friend (Katy)

10. An extended family that spreads from Louisiana, through Texas and New Mexico, winds through Arizona, and ends up in California.

11. Music.

12. Writing (my own and the incredible work of other authors as well)

13. Our armed forces and the sacrifices they make for us every day.

14. Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman - two actors whose body of work I thoroughly enjoy.

15. The fact that I am content with who I am and where God has led me.

16. A marriage of nearly 13 years that is unbreakable.

17. My new couches.

18. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin anything, really.

19. Tennessee: there is no place more beautiful in autumn.

20. Blog readers who suffer through an entire list of "thankfuls"! =)

7 comments:

  1. And we are so thankful for you - our precious daughter-in-law. The "other" CJ Redwine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...so I'm reading this and feeling very mushy and happy, then I get to #16. (No I must admit that I was reading this while VERY tired). I thought it said "A marriage of nearly 13 years that is UNREMARKABLE"! :-)

    Mushy feeling went away for a moment, but then my tired eyes uncrossed and I read it correctly. WHEW!!!!!!!

    I am so thankful for you...even if I am unremarkable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. You could never be unremarkable. After all, you're married to ME. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also thankfull for friendships such as yours to me . God has blessed me by putting you in my life to help me figure out things that I could not without people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list. *nods and smiles* It's always good to remember what we're thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs you*

    I'm super thankful for you too! :D

    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing. I'm very thankful to have a friend like you. I hope you are feeling better today and hopefully I'll get to see you at church tomorrow! Love you bunches,
    ~kailani

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...