Monday, May 12, 2008
1. Lest my dog, Bear, become too jealous of Taz's recent fifteen seconds of blogger fame, I posted a pic of him today.
2. Mother's Day was nice: hubby cooked a steak dinner and did all the cleaning, kids all made cards, and I received a gift card to Barnes & Nobles (always the perfect gift for me!) and the new Gwen Stefani perfume I like.
3. Went to see What Happens In Vegas with Kailani and laughed often.
4. Went to Wal-Mart before that and realized that it would be in the public's best interest for designers to stop manufacturing tube tops for anyone over a size 4.
5. Those suckers are not equipped to lock and load the girls.
6. Strangely, the women who most need to be locked and loaded seem fine with relying on a strip of terry cloth to do so.
8. But not as scary as men who wear overalls.
9. I started reading a book (and because I'm not going to be complimentary, I won't name the author) which is extremely well known and was even made into a wildly successful movie several years ago. I've never read anything by this author and thought I'd see what the fuss was about.
10. I hate it.
11. I can't understand how anyone waded through the dense, no-white-space-for-miles pages, and actually found her antiquated writing style (reminds me of something written two centuries ago) and her lack of anything close to action or suspense interesting but there you have it.
12. On a much better note, I finally grabbed book one (Twilight) in Stephanie Meyer's much acclaimed series and it is everything I'd hoped it would be.
13. I do not care for Strawberry Twizzlers.
14. My hubby, my kids, and two friends get to go see a sneak preview of Prince Caspian tomorrow night.
15. I, most unfortunately, have to work.
16. Because I am a mature woman, I am not going to sulk or pout or point out that neither of these friends really cared about the movie while I had the trailer up on my blog months ago.
17. But whatever.
18. I have too much stuff eating chunks of my time this week.
19. Not the least of which is my impending visit to my oncologist tomorrow.
20. And finally: When one foolishly chooses not to use a light while walking from the bed to the bathroom at night because one selflessly cares about not waking one's hubby, one must expect the dog to have switched locations, thereby causing one to hurtle through the air, bouncing off the vacuum cleaner some soon-to-be-dead child left in the middle of one's bedroom floor, before smacking, face first, into the doorjamb outside one's bathroom.
21. And to think my friends (most of whom read this blog and are thus familiar with my peculiar brand of clumsiness and poor timing) thought I would accept an invitation to go ice skating with them today.
22. If I'm going to take my life into my own slippery little hands, there must be something really important at stake.
23. Like shoes.
24. Really excellent shoes.