Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ask And It Shall Be Given...Err...Spoken...No...Typed! Yes, typed!

The dust has settled from my whirlwind trip to San Fran and the kids are now back in school so I'm entering into my daily routine again and will resume the series of posts on the Writing Process and the art of living a creative life.

Since (as I've pointed out numerous times) this is my blog, I can (and will!) post on any topic that comes to mind.

However, I'm not writing these just to see my own thoughts on a page. =) So, if you have a question or a topic idea you'd like me to cover, please leave a comment (suggest as many items as you like) and I'll intersperse those with whatever else the Muse dictates.

7 comments:

  1. *waves back and wonders if nomadicdragon was truly waving or if the act of waving is, in fact, a metaphorical suggestion for a topic of interest concerning the art of living a creative life...*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Just a wave. My brain is wrapped up in little shiny creatures that keep poking at me to write about them.

    However.. I'll take credit for the metaphorical suggestion lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little shiny creatures?

    I'm intrigued.

    I assume you don't mean accessories.

    Do tell more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I participated in NaNoWriMo last year, and came up with this concept of guardian spirits that were once souls of children who look after the abused. I've blogged about it on LJ a while back. But I tried to squish too much into the story, then got overwhelmed and gave up.

    I'm trying to take another wack at it to see if it's worth finishing. Also need to find someone to take a look at it to see if there's really something there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well yay you!

    If you feel like you crammed too much into it...maybe you can break it into two books.

    And I know just where to turn for excellent feedback on a manuscript. Look up your local RWA chapter (www.rwanational.org) and see when they meet. Usually the first two meetings are free then there's a yearly dues but in return, you can meet others who know what they're doing and can critique your work.

    Invaluable.

    I knew Katy and I could pull you over to the Dark Side. We have cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's probably three stories in one actually

    I am sooo no where near as dedicated as you guys are. I dabble. It's just something fun.. You guys are teh masters lol

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...