Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Like A Good Neighbor

Last night, during dinner, I went around the table asking each child to tell us the most interesting part of their day. It's a dinnertime tradition here, and I've found that phrasing the usual "How was your day?" question as "What was the most interesting thing that happened to you today?" gets much better results from my boys.

Usually.

Of course, now and then you run into Daredevil's sly sense of humor and his refusal to have his interesting moment overshadowed by anyone else's. Last night, Starshine's most interesting moment was that his caterpillar entered a cocoon (apparently each child has one they are supposed to observe during this particular science unit.). The Scientist was thrilled with the use of microscopes during science class.

It was Daredevil's turn. He took a deep breath, looked at all of us, and said, in utmost seriousness, "I switched insurance agents today."

Without missing a beat, Starshine's eyes lit up and he asked excitedly, "Nationwide?"

Daredevil shook his head in disgust. "No. They aren't really on your side."

"Geico?" Starshine asked, while hubby and I choked on our chicken.

"Of course not Geico. They've got the stupidest commercials." The Scientist said, his voice dripping with scorn.

"Allstate." Daredevil explained. "I'm in good hands."

4 comments:

  1. I'd say Daredevil has inherited his parents' sharp wits. Dinner times at your place must be fun with such a clever guy to entertain you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got improvisers on your hands. Just look how well they "yes and" each other!

    All YOU need to do is say, "AAaaaand scene!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keli - Oh, yes. Dinner times are lively and often entertaining.

    Danielle - I think I could go around all day and say "aaaaaand scene!" with these three. Someone should make a sitcom of our household. It would be a ratings blockbuster.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...