1. So, I may have lost my mind.
2. Stop laughing.
3. I'm serious.
4. I just invited the Uber-Workout-Drill-Sergeant, otherwise known as my friend Paul, to hold me accountable to an hour-long workout schedule three times a week.
5. I did this because if I know I have to report my actions, I'm much more likely to push myself as hard as possible so I don't look like a wimp...have I mentioned my mile-wide competitive streak?
6. Plus, he takes responsibility seriously and won't let up on me once. Not once.
7. Not even if I pull off an incredibly convincing performance of dragging my last sweet breath into my tortured lungs, hanging by a fingernail on the slim precipice between this life and the next...he'll just glare at me and tell me to stop whining and do another sit-up.
8. And the fact that I'll be reporting my results via email instead of in person doesn't make a bit of difference because I KNOW he'd glare and tell me to stop whining so I'd do TWO more sit-ups just to shut his voice out of my head.
9. *sigh* This will be worth it.
10. The 9-4 turned out to have a bad hose (although I'm not sure "bad" is an entirely accurate description for a hose that dumps an ENTIRE tank of gas all over the highway) and is now fixed and sitting in my driveway, plotting it's next assault upon our wallet.
11. We had Paul and Kelly over today for a cookout (And peach pie!!! Yum!) and a crowd of football fanatics are descending upon the house in an hour to watch UT destroy UCLA.
12. I'll appease the masses with a nacho bar and a large pan of brownies, and then lock myself in my office to write because, while I despise UCLA (a lingering effect of being a Pepperdine alum), I really don't care about college football.
13. Now...if it was the 49ers facing the Cowboys, you couldn't pry me from the living room.
14. The fact that my hubby was born in Texas and still finds it acceptable to cheer for the Hey Look! Not All Of Us Are In Prison! team that is the Cowboys makes his marriage to this California girl (Go 49ers! Even though you bit the dust after Montana and Rice left...still, GO TEAM!) interesting to say the least.
15. At least we agree on the Titans.
16. We watched Traitor last night and it was a colossal waste of time. I don't even think the movie was all that long, but it felt like three hours. No suspense, lots of slow spots, and in the end I just didn't care if every single character died a horrific death which, of course, they didn't.
17. More's the pity...might have improved the movie.
18. I did see an ad for a new tv series by J.J. Abrams (producer of the only two tv shows ever to grab my attention and hold it for years--Alias and Lost). It's called Fringe and is on Tuesdays here. Looks like a fascinating romp through Urban Fantasy. How could I resist?
19. Though honestly, the fact that I rarely watch tv makes it so much easier to fill up my life with tons of other really fun stuff.
20. READER QUESTION: What's a great instrumental album (any style) to add to my iPod?