Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Voting, Public Service Announcements, & Cake
1. I think it's cool that my local bookstore is giving away free drinks from their coffee shop to anyone who votes today.
2. Unfortunately, by the time I work all day, then stand in line to vote, then run home to make dinner...I won't have the time or energy to run out for coffee. :)
3. Worked on more revisions last night. Most of it is little stuff now. Just a few plot points to clean up.
4. I've opened a new doc and am copying and pasting each chapter, reading through it, making any corrections, then moving on.
5. I didn't use this method for polishing up DTR, but then again, I barely revised DTR, more's the pity.
6. I'll be entering SF in the Golden Heart this year, though I don't know if I can attend the conference ... might conflict with our trip to China.
7. I've asked my hubby to make a castle cake for me for my birthday.
8. He seems less than thrilled with that prospect.
9. Perhaps if I offer to pay?
10. I need to take a trip to Chicago sometime in the next year as research for the series following Fate.
11. I know, tough life, right?
12. I'm getting emailed offers from various people asking if I'd like to feature this, that, or the other on my blog.
13. Sometimes I say yes, sometimes I say no, but here's a little piece of instruction for anyone hoping to be interviewed/have their product featured/experience their 6.3 seconds of fame (It's only 15 seconds if you make it on something like Letterman):
14. When I ask you for specific details/dates etc., GIVE THEM TO ME.
15. When I ask you questions to potentially be put up on the blog, ANSWER THEM AS IF YOU ARE A DECENT, INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING.
16. If I follow up on my initial email with yet ANOTHER email asking for clarification and/or details you failed to give me the first time around and you STILL don't comply, feel free to read this blog 'til I turn 89, accept my crown as the Geriatric Sequined Wonder, and cut myself off from the ethernet--you still won't see mention of your name here.
17. Also, it's okay to say you've stumbled across my blog through my link on [name appropriate writer's site]. It's not okay to pretend to be a reader of the blog when you aren't.
18. If you're a regular reader, you should know the definition of the following words: Starshine, 9-4, and Zooweemama. Also, you should know the name of my current manuscript.
19. This has been a public service announcement.
20. Reader Question: What kind of cake should my hubby make for my birthday? All ideas are welcome.
Are you ready to return to Ravenspire? THE BLOOD SPELL: Blue de la Cour has her life planned: hide the magic in her blood and co...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...