Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Voting, Public Service Announcements, & Cake
1. I think it's cool that my local bookstore is giving away free drinks from their coffee shop to anyone who votes today.
2. Unfortunately, by the time I work all day, then stand in line to vote, then run home to make dinner...I won't have the time or energy to run out for coffee. :)
3. Worked on more revisions last night. Most of it is little stuff now. Just a few plot points to clean up.
4. I've opened a new doc and am copying and pasting each chapter, reading through it, making any corrections, then moving on.
5. I didn't use this method for polishing up DTR, but then again, I barely revised DTR, more's the pity.
6. I'll be entering SF in the Golden Heart this year, though I don't know if I can attend the conference ... might conflict with our trip to China.
7. I've asked my hubby to make a castle cake for me for my birthday.
8. He seems less than thrilled with that prospect.
9. Perhaps if I offer to pay?
10. I need to take a trip to Chicago sometime in the next year as research for the series following Fate.
11. I know, tough life, right?
12. I'm getting emailed offers from various people asking if I'd like to feature this, that, or the other on my blog.
13. Sometimes I say yes, sometimes I say no, but here's a little piece of instruction for anyone hoping to be interviewed/have their product featured/experience their 6.3 seconds of fame (It's only 15 seconds if you make it on something like Letterman):
14. When I ask you for specific details/dates etc., GIVE THEM TO ME.
15. When I ask you questions to potentially be put up on the blog, ANSWER THEM AS IF YOU ARE A DECENT, INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING.
16. If I follow up on my initial email with yet ANOTHER email asking for clarification and/or details you failed to give me the first time around and you STILL don't comply, feel free to read this blog 'til I turn 89, accept my crown as the Geriatric Sequined Wonder, and cut myself off from the ethernet--you still won't see mention of your name here.
17. Also, it's okay to say you've stumbled across my blog through my link on [name appropriate writer's site]. It's not okay to pretend to be a reader of the blog when you aren't.
18. If you're a regular reader, you should know the definition of the following words: Starshine, 9-4, and Zooweemama. Also, you should know the name of my current manuscript.
19. This has been a public service announcement.
20. Reader Question: What kind of cake should my hubby make for my birthday? All ideas are welcome.
Counting down the days until you can visit Ravenspire again? You're one step closer now that the pre-order for THE BLOODSPELL is availab...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...