Tuesday, December 23, 2008
No Chores For Starshine
1. I missed posting yesterday because I spent the entire day in bed with the flu.
2. I feel somewhat better today but won't be doing anything more strenuous that walking up the stairs.
3. I met two very famous people last week at work and had no idea who they were.
4. One is Billy Adams, a contemporary of Elvis (who worked w/Elvis, actually) and a Hall of Famer.
5. The other is George Jones. George and his wife come in several times a week, but since I don't listen to country music, I didn't know who he was.
6. I noticed women interrupting his lunch to talk to him and ask for autographs and when they left, I approached him and apologized to him for those women (who were hysterically crying over meeting him, btw) bothering him. He was gracious and said he's used to it and doesn't mind giving out his autograph.
7. So I said, "Oh, that's good. What do you do?"
8. My hubby thought it was quite amusing that I asked George Jones what he does for a living.
9. I need recommendations for an inexpensive but effective water treatment system b/c the water coming out of my fridge dispenser tastes terrible.
10. The kids get to open one gift tomorrow in anticipation of Christmas. Already, the negotiating for the chance to open one of their "big" gifts has begun.
11. Tomorrow, we make candy cane cookies for Santa and follow his progress on NASA's Santa Tracker.
12. I still need to go get my supplies for Christmas dinner from the grocery store.
13. I planned to do that days ago but have either been here taking care of sick kids or was sick myself.
14. I got an email from a girl enthusiastically offering me the opportunity to link her website to mine so I could offer her FREE publicity! (Yes, that's exactly how she phrased it, including the all caps.)
15. Never mind the gall of asking someone else to promote your website while offering nothing in return...what got me was this: Her website is all about gambling.
16. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how anyone running a gambling website would think it a good fit for a site that links up to authors, agents, and sites within the publishing industry.
17. Her mass-market, poorly researched email went straight to my Trash file, no reply sent.
18. I introduced Starshine to the age-old concept of making a coupon book for his Dad this Christmas. He loved the idea.
19. Until I began listing suggestions like: wash the car, clean up the family room, sweep the garage...
20. I was then politely informed that Starshine would think of his OWN coupon ideas, thank you very much, and NONE of them would qualify as chores.
21. Reader Question: What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Are you ready to return to Ravenspire? THE BLOOD SPELL: Blue de la Cour has her life planned: hide the magic in her blood and co...
May has become an important month to me. In May 2003, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. In May 2004, I was pronounced "in remission...
Honestly, this is a post I never dreamed I'd write. My hands are shaky, and I'm frantically thinking through all the possible conseq...